No thanks NRA!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 'Ol Grandad, Sep 19, 2019.

1. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

Since the left infiltrated the NRA to cause just such in-fighting, I will predict the NRA will support some real draconian gun laws that Trump comes up with and the left will flock to join. Then Wayne's suit fund will be fully funded.

2. Jonesee

Jonesee

I didn't know law enforcement gets a choice of what laws they enforce.

3. Pluto57

Pluto57

It may come as a surprise, but that "free" gift isn't. They paid for it and then you paid for it. Sure, U.S. knife makers would be happy to make a knife for the NRA, but not at the price that China will make it and not at a price that would allow the NRA to offer it as a "free" gift without raising membership costs. I rather like my little China-made NRA knife. It is actually better than I expected.

FlyFisher1 and tuica like this.
  4. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

Lol! You're funny!

5. Pluto57

Pluto57

4. Join them all.

porschedog and Ramjet38 like this.
  6. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

Wayne LaPierre is yet another example of how absolute power corrupts absolutely.

He has subjugated the mission of this vitally important institution to his ego. As others have noted above, if he truly cared about the NRA and its mission, he'd resign. Instead, he has needlessly wasted the organization's money and political capital resisting long-overdue reforms.

His repeated escapades have been akin to Capt. Smith backing up and ramming the Titanic again and again into the iceberg because he doesn't want to admit he was wrong, nor is he willing to give up the helm.

Well, what about the passengers? What about the ship?

Wayne doesn't care. He needs to be tossed overboard so the repair work can begin. The NRA must be saved.

K. Foster likes this.
  7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

I got mine a couple weeks ago. Put the sticker on my Midway gun bag. I’ll bitcsh and moan as I’m writing the check out, then piss and moan some more as I drop it off at the mailbox. I’ll continue to bitcsh and moan until WLP is departed from NRA.

8. jp 19

jp 19

So much diarrhea of the mouth based on anecdotal evidence. Somebody said lapierre makes 5 mil a year Not true! He is not even the highest paid in the organization. Keep sucking in the Soros lies and fact bending.

Maybe he should be replaced ... well then contact the board of directors. Some of you people are pathetic. Clicking out of this worthless thread.

mike from st pe, tuica and JohnBT like this.
  9. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

Re: the $5 million.

$3.7 million of it was a federally required distribution from his deferred compensation plan in 2015. So it was taxable income. But it wasn't salary.

tuica likes this.
  10. jp 19

jp 19

exactly a one time event...a lot different then the way post #70 put it . La Pierre is overpaid and has been since he took the job in 1991. His salary is $5 MILLION DOLLARS a year. wish people would do some research before spouting of liberal nonsense.

tuica likes this.
  11. The Shadow

The Shadow

I'm a life member. I've been a member for 40+ years. When Wayne is gone and the leadership stops promoting gun control (bump stock ban, red flag laws), stops compromising and starts fighting for the 2A tooth and nail, then they'll start seeing more of my coin and not before.

Terry

SCHADENFREUDE likes this.
  12. SCHADENFREUDE

SCHADENFREUDE

I think people in CA, NY, NJ and several other places are waiting for the NRA to "protect our 2A rights". Nothing but crickets and fund raising calls and junk mail telling me I am going to lose something that is already gone. And I'm a paying hostage to their scams.

jame, Stevekozak and The Shadow like this.
  13. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Sure they do their oath allows that why the oath if it means nothing , if in their judgement a law is unconstitutional they should stand down on any order that includes that law !
    Today we have Oath Keepers and Oath Breakers their choice no one makes them do anything .
    I have quit many a job because I didn't agree with policy I have self respect that can't be bought !

14. MAG40 Student

MAG40 Student

We have contacted the Directors. They've all been hand-picked by him. What a surprise then that they haven't voted to remove him. In the meantime, those who have been willing to stand up to him have been forced out.

Sometimes blind obedience is called for, JP. Sometimes, it's just blind.

Which is the conclusion so many of us have reached about the current leadership, and why we're no longer sending them money.

Have yourself a good day.

F14A and Just Glocks like this.
  15. nrajeff

nrajeff

That is one thing that bugs me a bit, but only a bit: "YOUR help is needed NOW, or else ____ (disaster of the week) will happen!"

Well, I didn't send in some money in response to that particular plea, yet the disaster never occurred, so....

They run the risk of "Boy who cried wolf" syndrome.

Similarly, when I see a PBS show end with "This show was made possible by viewers like YOU" I think "Well then that show should be impossible, because I ain't ever sent one cent to PBS."

:)

Stevekozak and Just Glocks like this.
  16. nrajeff

nrajeff

I was in the VACDL, too, for years, when I lived in Va. Also SAF and GOA, but lately just NRA and the WVCDL.

17. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Lots of *angst* in this thread...

Personally I put >myself< where my $$$ used to go! I'm an Endowment member, and now have 20 hours working as a Volunteer with the NRA ILA team!

The Northern Nevada NRA / ILA team is HIGHLY active in the area - Was at the Reno Air Races last weekend (had NO VIEW of the Pylons, darn it!) and it was a good day for me!

Finally had my first run in with an Anti NRA old fart (older than me anyway) who let me know that the NRA was responsible for millions of deaths as the NRA is funding Al Qaeda! He then ran away... LOL

Overall the response from booth visitors has been *awesome*!

And you know what I've never seen??? I have never seen GOA, USCCA or any other Pro Firearms organization at ANY local shows, not even at the Gun Shows!

So Like It Or NOT - NRA is the ONLY Dog in the Fight.

And I understand how some of you feel - I finally answered the call from the nice NRA funding recruiter... and let her know I'm out on the front lines, and I'm working for free! So take me off the LIST...

Haven't had a call since. :)

My Personal Advice? Get IN The Fight, or get OUT OF THE WAY... Just stop b*tching about it and walk away... Your griping doesn't help your attitude, or mine... so it's a waste of precious time for BOTH of us.

The least you can do is applaud those who are out there in the streets working for YOUR Second Amendment Rights. And if you don't support us... What does that make YOU? Hmmm...

I'll be submitting my Recruiter application this afternoon and getting a website setup for it... If ya can't beat em, Join Em, All In!

So while everyone appreciates your being unhappy with the NRA (I'm one of you too, but there are always two ways to address something, RIGHT?) I Get It...

But please don't run around telling stories about the NRA shortfalls. It doesn't help, and your story telling won't help anything out. NRA is like any HUGE organization - Feces happens, and it sometimes takes a while to work through these issues. No One Else has the Lobbyists On Site in several States and State Counties - and of course some States have huge issues coming up... and the NRA/ILA resources are directed to these Hot Zones...

BUT WHO ELSE IS DOING THIS??? It's NOT GOA, Second Amendment Foundation, Jews for Prevention of Firearms Ownership, National Association for Gun Rights, or the Constitutional Rights PAC...

They all have their "donations" page and "resources" page... but zero volunteers! Just give us your Money!

Bottom Line - It Is We The People who can win Hearts and Minds, connect with other like minded individuals that need to band together to Stand As One against Tyranny!

YOUR way of connecting to others will reach a different crowd than MY way of communication will... so YOUR Heart and Mind will work to reach those that I could never reach.

So before your throw the 'baby AND the bath water' out, get out to the NRA page, find an NRA ILA meeting in your area, and ATTEND the meeting, and find out what is going on in your area. There are some Awesome Folks in our ranks... and you may be ONE of those special people who can make a difference in your area.

It's not too late, we CAN win the battle if we Unite - Just ask the British how that worked out... and therein lies the TRUTH!

:waving:

18. The Shadow

The Shadow

Then you've never been to a gunshow in South Carolina.

Terry

Pierre!, Just Glocks and F14A like this.
  19. Just Glocks

Just Glocks

Or Kentucky or God Bless TEXAS
    Plus there are a few militia fellows around that I know that are not paying someone else to fight for them
    When the need arises are fully capable of doing their on fighting
    I dont think MR LaPiere will be buying any new suits with their money !

Stevekozak likes this.
  20. SevenSixtyTwo

SevenSixtyTwo

The NRA doesn't represent us. They represent firearm manufacturers who contribute millions. We simply benefit as a side effect. If a gimmick accessory manufacturer is insignificant in dollar value to the NRA, their product will be used as a scapegoat to convince the left that they give a ****. It's all about the money. It always is.

Just Glocks, F14A and Jonesee like this.