GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
N.R.A life member. G.O.A member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it seems i made a mistake. i purchased a G19 gen3 frame for almost nothing, completed it, and now it is ready to accept a slide. Problem is that there are no factory slides available, except the place in san diego, and they want to rape you for one. 325.oo for a bare slide. Glockmeister is out of stock, and then want to charge you shipping on top of that. So This "build" is no longer cost effective. I would consider putting an aftermarket slide on it, but i wouldn't want any of the glock "purists" to drop dead because i did so. My point in all of this is "lesson learned". So i guess this frame goes in the back of the safe. Maybe do a poly80 build or something, and really give the purists something to howl about.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why do you care what the "purists" say? It's none of their business what you want to do. If they don't like it they don't have to open the thread.

Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I would say build your slide. It's your dime. If it's your pet project who cares what anyone else think. Go for it. Just because I am a pro glocker doesn't mean I defy the Glock Purist by custom enhancement. I have both purists and enhanced glocks.
Well, it seems i made a mistake. i purchased a G19 gen3 frame for almost nothing, completed it, and now it is ready to accept a slide. Problem is that there are no factory slides available, except the place in san diego, and they want to rape you for one. 325.oo for a bare slide. Glockmeister is out of stock, and then want to charge you shipping on top of that. So This "build" is no longer cost effective. I would consider putting an aftermarket slide on it, but i wouldn't want any of the glock "purists" to drop dead because i did so. My point in all of this is "lesson learned". So i guess this frame goes in the back of the safe. Maybe do a poly80 build or something, and really give the purists something to howl about.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,231 Posts

·
N.R.A life member. G.O.A member
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sell your completed frame and put that money towards a complete firearm.
Guess i should have just bought the whole gun in the first place, but i am a hobbyist and a tinkerer, built everything from harleys to hot rods, and thought it would be fun to "assemble" my own. I really wanted to keep everything factory O.E.M, But due to cost of a factory slide , it is looking like aftermarket is going to be the answer if i don't want to have more invested in the project than new. As i mentioned in the OP , lesson learned. I will stop cryin' now. Thanks to all who replied.

·
Banned
6,833 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
This.

Why do you care what the "purists" say? It's none of their business what you want to do. If they don't like it they don't have to open the thread.

Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice.
Why worry about what others think? You are the one spending your money, so you get to make the decision as to what you want to do and how you want your pistol set up, not them.

Honestly, make yourself happy, get what you want. :)

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Do you "want" an OEM slide? If you don't care, buy aftermarket. If you'd prefer OEM, set the project aside for a while and wait for better prices on your build.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Since you got the frame for almost nothing you could use it for stippling, undercutting and other contouring practice. I avoid the stripped frames because I worry they started off as a complete firearm, sold as a parts kit on fleabay, ended up as a polymer80 with the slide and barrel tied to your serial number, and with the prices the parts kits are selling for I doubt the people paying that much can pass a background check.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Guess i should have just bought the whole gun in the first place, but i am a hobbyist and a tinkerer, built everything from harleys to hot rods, and thought it would be fun to "assemble" my own. I really wanted to keep everything factory O.E.M, But due to cost of a factory slide , it is looking like aftermarket is going to be the answer if i don't want to have more invested in the project than new. As i mentioned in the OP , lesson learned. I will stop cryin' now. Thanks to all who replied.
I get it man. I’m a tinkerer myself and always enjoy custom builds. However, I find that it always costs more than I anticipate and I end up spending more than new. Good luck on whatever you end up doing

1 - 20 of 40 Posts