No Search Capability

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by bobdat, Aug 23, 2007.

1. bobdat

bobdat

What good is a forum with no search capability? If I post a thread, it soon gets buried and there's no way of finding anything without pawing through tons of other threads & pages.

When I first joined, the search function worked. It hasn't for quite a while now.

I see that you are trying to SELL membership levels. Well, how about repairing your broken search function FIRST so that there would be some value for me in buying such a membership.

How difficult can it be to repair a broken search function? With all your members, I would think you'd feel some level of responsibility to them for fixing it in a more timely fashion than you have.

Thanks.
    Bob

2. bobdat

bobdat

Since I posted the above, I have tried searching and find it works!

Thank you for a working search engine, after all.

I did find that I had been searching for "Glock 27 magazine spring" and kept receiving the error that my search term was less than the required number of letters, which confused the hell out of me.

Apparently, the search function has been working, just not for me when I repeatedly tried to specify the model number "27".

It just didn't sink into my head until after I posted the above thread.

I apologize for unfairly accusing the forum administrators of providing a broken search function. The only thing that was broken was my brain.

Sorry!
    Bob

3. bobdat

bobdat

Oy Vay! You guys are driving me nuts! One day you got a search function that works and the next day it's disabled?

And, total silence from the forum chiefs?