Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,934 Posts
"No, these items were not bought with drug money. They come from the proceeds of a business that was bought with drug money."

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts

they double talk well in all of them. I get told “there are none in this vaccine. But there seem to be. Just renamed.
That one also says no fetal cells or fetal cell lines were used in or in the manufacturing of Pfizer or Moderna.

It broke down the difference between cells and cell lines because cell lines applied to J&J.

Wasn't J&J the "traditional" vaccine, compared to mRNA Or is it some third option? Because if J&J was the typical vaccine production, all vaccines EXCEPT Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines are manufactured with fetal cell lines.

That would just further undercut the religious exemption to the mandate. They've never objected to the dozens of vaccines they already got due to fetal lines, but suddenly object to these two that don't have them?

As my GPS is fond of saying "Recalculating"...

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
They've never objected to the dozens of vaccines they already got due to fetal lines, but suddenly object to these two that don't have them?
No fetal cells is the work of the Devil! 👹

• Haha
Reactions: steveksux

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
No fetal cells is the work of the Devil! 👹
The Covid vaccine turned me into a newt!!

All jokes aside, if you don't want to take it because there's no long term tests on it, that's one thing, and may be a valid concern. While there've been no vaccines (except those with live virus) that have had any long term effects, these are a new technology. But I'm having trouble seeing a valid religious angle to the objection.

Seems to be grasping at fetal cell straws here, or basing them on misinformation.

Randy

·
NRA4EVR
11,969 Posts
One of the benefits of the CHP is while they protect the statehouse, etc no one wants them to do much other than that and keeping the freeways moving. A freeway shut down for more than 20 minutes gets escalated to Sacramento. When you hear a freeway gets shut down in California, both directions, and you know someone died, and splattered.
I wish that Florida Highway Patrol would take a cue from them. FHP keeps the lane blocked, sometimes two lanes, for even minor or non-injury TCs until the investigation is complete. They’ll have a solo trooper, two fire engines, rescue, a batt chief, and eventually a tow truck blocking the fast lane during rush hour for a rear-ender with minor damage. Which inevitably results in more rear-enders further back.

Get the cars out of the lanes and preferably off the freeway. If there won’t be felony charges filed, there is no need to preserve the scene.

·
Unfair Facist
28,540 Posts
I wish that Florida Highway Patrol would take a cue from them. FHP keeps the lane blocked, sometimes two lanes, for even minor or non-injury TCs until the investigation is complete. They’ll have a solo trooper, two fire engines, rescue, a batt chief, and eventually a tow truck blocking the fast lane during rush hour for a rear-ender with minor damage. Which inevitably results in more rear-enders further back.

Get the cars out of the lanes and preferably off the freeway. If there won’t be felony charges filed, there is no need to preserve the scene.
Grrrrrrrrr…. Don’t get me started with FHP….they would do precisely as you describe, then they would call us wanting us to direct traffic around their unnecessary roadblocks.

Used to piss me off to no end.

·
Registered
33,781 Posts

CHP reminds me of the deck hands on WWII carriers. Big old mess of a plane blocking landing, shove it off, you can get a new one.

Highway 17 is the prime example.

·
Georgia gal
1,820 Posts
EDIT: Uh-oh, I just noticed a few days later that this is in Cop Talk and I wasn't supposed to post. I had thought I was in the Covid forum; I'm sorry.

I'll remove the post if anyone wants me to, or mods, just remove it. Again, sorry!
n2g

Ignorance can be bliss, so it might be easier for some to just not delve too deeply into the topic of the use of fetal cell lines.

The topic was discussed at length in another thread.

Fetal cell lines are cells grown in a lab over thousands of generations which are descended from cells taken from two aborted babies in the Netherlands in the 70s and 80s, and at least one from the 60s.

From what I understand, these cell lines were used in the research, development, and testing phases of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, but are not used to produce those two vaccines. Apparently they are used to produce the J&J vaccine.

These cell lines have also been used in the research and development phases and/or in the production of some other vaccines and drugs. This is nothing new. I'm not saying that makes it okay, but covid vaccines are not alone in this.

Here's one article I quickly found:

Vaccine Ingredients – Fetal Cells | Children's Hospital of Philadelphia

It's likely we've all had at least one drug or vaccine that was developed by using those cell lines, and maybe some that use them in production. One very common vaccine that my children and I, and likely many of you and yours, have received is the MMR vaccine. The rubella portion uses these cell lines, as do some vaccines for rabies, hepatitis, chickenpox, and shingles.

There are things that are viewed by some as mitigating factors. Those babies who were aborted in the Netherlands were not aborted for the purpose of medical research; they would have been and were aborted anyway and would have otherwise been discarded. The cells in use today were never part of a baby, but they are descended from those that were. The vaccines and drugs developed by using them have undoubtedly saved many lives including many children's lives. I don't know that that matters in principle, though. Apparently the official position of the Catholic church and many Protestant leaders is that current use of these vaccines and drugs is not unethical, so there's that.

I personally think it was wrong to use those aborted babies in that manner (or to abort them at all), but it was done, and I've had the MMR vaccine and some others. I was unaware at the time for all of them, but I can't say I wouldn't still have had my children vaccinated against measles, mumps, and rubella. I have to be careful before I throw stones at others.

These are not easy ethical issues. I am against abortion and the original "harvesting" of those cells, but I know if I were bitten by a rabid animal, I wouldn't refuse treatment for it (unless that treatment required aborting another baby today, which it doesn't). I guess that makes me a hypocrite, but I'd still do it.

In any case, this issue isn't just about the covid vaccines. It's much more widespread than that.

·
Premium Member
27,171 Posts
That one also says no fetal cells or fetal cell lines were used in or in the manufacturing of Pfizer or Moderna.

It broke down the difference between cells and cell lines because cell lines applied to J&J.

Wasn't J&J the "traditional" vaccine, compared to mRNA Or is it some third option? Because if J&J was the typical vaccine production, all vaccines EXCEPT Pfizer and Moderna COVID vaccines are manufactured with fetal cell lines.

That would just further undercut the religious exemption to the mandate. They've never objected to the dozens of vaccines they already got due to fetal lines, but suddenly object to these two that don't have them?

As my GPS is fond of saying "Recalculating"...

Randy

Maybe like me. They did not know. As I have stated before. “I almost wish I had not researched before I got the shot” I like many just got the shots that were suggested.
My understanding of my faith. if you don’t know, you did not do wrong.

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
Maybe like me. They did not know. As I have stated before. “I almost wish I had not researched before I got the shot” I like many just got the shots that were suggested.
My understanding of my faith. if you don’t know, you did not do wrong.
Fair enough... The worse news is it sounds like these fetal cell lines are really handy for research in general. I'm thinking a whole crap ton of stuff uses them in some step of a lot more medical products and research. If you think about it, anything you need viable human cells for some sort of testing, where else would you get them? I'm thinking this is way more widespread than anyone realizes.

Randy

·
Premium Member
27,171 Posts
Fair enough... The worse news is it sounds like these fetal cell lines are really handy for research in general. I'm thinking a whole crap ton of stuff uses them in some step of a lot more medical products and research. If you think about it, anything you need viable human cells for some sort of testing, where else would you get them? I'm thinking this is way more widespread than anyone realizes.

Randy
Well let’s see. Instead of from a murder. Women sadly do have spontaneous abortions, miscarriages…. I would be ok with that. (Hey I get to decide my personal beliefs). I have had donated blood added (not quite a gallon yet) cadaver bone… but was unaware that murdered baby parts were injected in me.

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
Well let’s see. Instead of from a murder. Women sadly do have spontaneous abortions, miscarriages…. I would be ok with that. (Hey I get to decide my personal beliefs). I have had donated blood added (not quite a gallon yet) cadaver bone… but was unaware that murdered baby parts were injected in me.
One of the articles I read mentioned the various lines are derived from a mix of sources, some from abortions, some from miscarriages. Just not sure they track that info to know which one goes with which project. I'd think they could find out with some digging...

Randy

·
Registered
10,897 Posts

Randy
You are dead on here Randy. These cells usage is widespread due to certain characteristics of the cells. Losing the use of these would set the field of medicine back by decades. If that's what you want, go with it, however, it's not what I want.

·
Unfair Facist
28,540 Posts
I think the larger issue here is: not so much about their religious convictions, but what Wash will do when 911 calls go unanswered?...maybe National Guard? IDK...but the fabric of civilized society is becoming very thin
My point is that it is unlikely to be about religious convictions to begin with.

Reactions: GPalmer

·
Registered
32,345 Posts
My point is that it is unlikely to be about religious convictions to begin with.
Unsurprising if a number of people who are resistant to the covid vaccines would use the religious exemption as a convenient "excuse". Unless, of course, they also refuse to use all the other vaccines and medicines that involve the use of them (fetal cells) in some manner over the decades.

·
Director of civil unrest
11,229 Posts
Jay Inslee? Isn't he the one that said he had no idea CHAZ had been up and running for over a month on TV?
Yeah, he's a lying you know what and no friend to Washingtonians. I didn't vote for that unsavory garbage!

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
You are dead on here Randy. These cells usage is widespread due to certain characteristics of the cells. Losing the use of these would set the field of medicine back by decades. If that's what you want, go with it, however, it's not what I want.
No, not what I want at all, just thinking out loud that anybody serious about avoiding stuff derived from fetal cell lines is probably in for a rude awakening...

I'm happy not going back to leeches, lol :)

Randy

21 - 40 of 114 Posts