·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Sharkey

·
Registered
22,896 Posts
I just read that as well. My local trooper contacts said that over 400 road troopers have announced their intentions to quit. Also most of the recent academy class (graduated just a few weeks ago) have turned in notices due to this.

·
Registered
19,067 Posts
Our governor is an idiot, period.

Hmm, sounds like a lawsuit to me. I attended a meeting last week in TX of nurses unwilling to get the shot. It was a hawtie fest btw. The speaker stated that even in Commie CA, almost all exemptions are religious based.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Hmm, sounds like a lawsuit to me. I attended a meeting last week in TX of nurses unwilling to get the shot. It was a hawtie fest btw. The speaker stated that even in Commie CA, almost all exemptions are religious based.

Even more reason why religion should be illegal…🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
22,896 Posts

Can you send the hawt freaky ones to me?

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
I'm skeptical, thinking it's more of an excuse than an exception. The guy in the article was in the military, after dozens of mandatory vaccines in the military suddenly he has a religious objection to this one? What religion has an issue with vaccines? Scientology? Jehovah's Witnesses? Amish?

SCOTUS approved vaccine mandates over 100 years ago for smallpox. And I think there was another more recent ruling that affirmed it for something else.

I think they're sincere in their desire to not get vaccinated. Not so much on the religious angle, just the only way they could think of to try to fight it, dress it up as a "religious objection" since they couldn't find a doctor to forge a medical exemption.

Randy

·
Massive Member
26,057 Posts
Since this is based on objections to fetal cells being used in vaccines, according to this, none were used for Pfizer or Moderna, either in the vaccine, or used in the manufacturing of the vaccine. J & J did use one to manufacture their vaccine.

Notably, however, "The non-replicating viral vector vaccine produced by Johnson & Johnson did require the use of fetal cell cultures, specifically PER.C6, in order to produce and manufacture the vaccine. The Catholic Church and the Southern Baptist Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission have both stated that receiving a COVID-19 vaccine that required fetal cell lines for production or manufacture is morally acceptable"

Still, if they insist on that basis, they have no ground to stand on if Pfizer or Moderna are offered.

https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/COVID Vaccine Page/COVID-19_Vaccine_Fetal_Cell_Handout.pdf

Randy

·
Premium Member
27,171 Posts
It’s strange how it changes. First all used fetal cells. Months later. “We used cells grown from +30 year old fetal cells”. Now only the one causing widespread problems used cloned fetal cells…
I am reminded of skit years back.
Ladies walk into Chinese restaurant. “Does your food contain MSG?” Owner (thinking they want MSG). “Oh yes it does “. Customer “we don’t eat anything with MSG”. Owner, realizing mistake. “No MSG, never had it, never will”

·
Registered
32,345 Posts
This is going to get messy.

On the one hand, deceptive misuse of a religious exemption is immoral, but on the other hand, so is not allowing it for those who have a moral objection based upon their true religious beliefs.

How many troopers are filing for retirement? How many are looking to lateral to a city/county agency?

If the state (governor) breaks faith with the troopers, it may not be possible to regain their trust. Way to go. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,896 Posts
This is going to get messy.

On the one hand, deceptive misuse of a religious exemption is immoral, but on the other hand, so is not allowing it for those who have a moral objection based upon their true religious beliefs.

How many troopers are filing for retirement? How many are looking to lateral to a city/county agency?

If the state (governor) breaks faith with the troopers, it may not be possible to regain their trust. Way to go. :rolleyes:
A local city just announced an opening. Almost 20 local troopers put in for it.

·
Registered
32,345 Posts
Well, except by now the exodus of Seattle PD cops may have already made a significant dent in the outside openings. Might be more competition for the city/county openings as they appear.

·
20,299 Posts
I'm skeptical, thinking it's more of an excuse than an exception. The guy in the article was in the military, after dozens of mandatory vaccines in the military suddenly he has a religious objection to this one? What religion has an issue with vaccines? Scientology? Jehovah's Witnesses? Amish?

SCOTUS approved vaccine mandates over 100 years ago for smallpox. And I think there was another more recent ruling that affirmed it for something else.

I think they're sincere in their desire to not get vaccinated. Not so much on the religious angle, just the only way they could think of to try to fight it, dress it up as a "religious objection" since they couldn't find a doctor to forge a medical exemption.

Randy
Liberals are basically anti-religion, just as they're Anti-American, but there's one religion that Liberals are willing to bend over backwards to accommodate and that's Islam partly because of that religion's propensity for violence and Liberals know that's one religion you can't push around and dare not even offend.

But they also admire Muslims because of radical Muslim hatred of America. In other words, they share common values with that aspect of the religion.

·
Unfair Facist
28,540 Posts
I just read that as well. My local trooper contacts said that over 400 road troopers have announced their intentions to quit. Also most of the recent academy class (graduated just a few weeks ago) have turned in notices due to this.
I had no idea that so many troopers were so religiously devout.

·
Registered
11,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The WSP has increasingly become the enforcement arm for LOC house, senate and governor. There are many good troopers uncomfortable with how political the patrol has become.

·
NRA Life Member
6,440 Posts
The WSP has increasingly become the enforcement arm for LOC house, senate and governor. There are many good troopers uncomfortable with how political the patrol has become.
That sounds like a nightmare...I can't and don't even want to imagine that. God bless all of my brothers in WA and on the west coast.

·
Registered
33,781 Posts
One of the benefits of the CHP is while they protect the statehouse, etc no one wants them to do much other than that and keeping the freeways moving. A freeway shut down for more than 20 minutes gets escalated to Sacramento. When you hear a freeway gets shut down in California, both directions, and you know someone died, and splattered.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It’s strange how it changes. First all used fetal cells. Months later. “We used cells grown from +30 year old fetal cells”. Now only the one causing widespread problems used cloned fetal cells…
I am reminded of skit years back.
Ladies walk into Chinese restaurant. “Does your food contain MSG?” Owner (thinking they want MSG). “Oh yes it does “. Customer “we don’t eat anything with MSG”. Owner, realizing mistake. “No MSG, never had it, never will”
If a vaccine manufacturer used cloned baby cells, they still came from baby cells. That’s circular logic, and simply disingenuous.

·
Premium Member
27,171 Posts
If a vaccine manufacturer used cloned baby cells, they still came from baby cells. That’s circular logic, and simply disingenuous.

they double talk well in all of them. I get told “there are none in this vaccine. But there seem to be. Just renamed.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts