close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No permission to access Glocktalk

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by deutscheglocker, Mar 31, 2004.

1. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Eric,

A friend of mine is having trouble accessing Glocktalk.

He gets a popup which states;

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons.
    You do not have permission to access the page that you are trying to. Are you trying to edit someone elses post or trying to access administrative features?
    Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I had this same problem a little better than a year ago and someone suggested I go to Edit Options ( I think )but don't remember what I had to change to clear up the problem.

Thanks

deutscheglocker

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

is his browser set to accept cookies?

what browser is he using? internet explorer?

3. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

He tried disabling quicklinks. That didn't help

He asked if anyone thought it could involve his software firewall (zonealarm)

I'll ask questions and reply if anyone has any ideas, but it doesn't mean I know what I'm writing about.

Thanks

DG

4. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

He didn't follow the directions in the email he got back from Glocktalk when he intially regitered. He needed to click on a link - if he didn't get a return email or didn't click on the link, that's the problem.

Don

5. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Uncle Don,
    Could he go through the reregistration procedure with the same E-mail address? Will he be informed that his address is already registered?

Thanks for your input

deutscheglocker

6. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

Basically, I re-registered under my wifes name and email. When I got the return email and link to confirm the regsitration, I used my original user name and it took.

Don

7. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Listers,

My friend reregistered using the same e-mail address ( his only one) and a different password.
    He got through the whole procedure but did not get a confirmation e-mail.

He logged on and was recognized with the new password but still will not allow him to post or reply to posts.

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,
    deutscheglocker

8. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott Prickley Fan

I don't know if it's the case here but sometimes things like confirmations are placed in the "bulk mail" folder of my email accounts. You might suggest that your friend check in there for it. Also if he has some sort of spam blocking software installed it might refuse the message altogether. If none of the suggestions you've gotten work I'd suggest that you pm Sidearmor or another administrator for him and ask for help. If you do this be sure to include all pertinent information. The other option is to Email Eric but he's very busy and a reply might take some time. I wish him luck. Gary

9. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Thanks Gary

I'll forward this info

DG