close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No one is eating the Turkey...

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by PDogSniper, Nov 30, 2006.

1. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Baked a turkey for turkey day and I've got more then bit left over... In fact, it's nothen eaten...

So I'm saying the heck with it. Instead of carving the remaiders off of the bone, I'm simmering the whole thing and then plan to freeze it all...

If I do this, should I still keep the bones with the meat or seperate the meat and throw out the bones before I freeze it all...?

I also should keep the stock correct...? It'll be for noodle or barley soup later on...

2. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

You can't simmer a cooked turkey!

If you have leftover cooked turkey you make turkey salad, or turkey pot pie, or turkey and rice---
    with cream of mushroom soup added or something...

Make something good that you'll wanna eat right away...

For Turkey and rice, make your rice concoction, then fold in chunks of cooked turkey at the end...

Grated parmesan...

Heck, even take thick slices and put some tomato sauce on them, add some grated cheese and broil 'em...
    That's good--- drizzled with a lil' Extra Virgin Olive Oil...

Anything but boiling the flavor out of what little flavor Turkey has, and making a big 'ol mess...

Good luck...

You talk as though leftover turkey isn't a good thing!

:beer:

3. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I don't know if you guys saw this when I posted it before, but we did a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for our students this year. My father came in and deep fried us two turkeys and we had one baked the night before just in case it was too windy to fry.

My students are all Hispanics and they told me that they don't like turkey because it is too dry. I told them that they had never had one cooked right before and I asked if we did one, would they taste of it.

This is what was left of the THIRD bird
    [​IMG]

:rofl:

4. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Why not...? My mother did this for years to seperate the meat from the bones to make soup with...

5. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

I have done it before too, PDog.

6. 97guns

97guns

I FROZE THE CARCASS and am gonna make some soup with it today. probably some rice soup......

7. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Left over Turkey isn't a bad thing. It's just that this household, aside from myself are not leftover eaters. That said, I'm not a great Turkey lover anyways...

What the heck is wrong with making stock out of Turkey...? You're re-cooking it for Pot Pies, Soup... What's the diff...?

8. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

With a deep fried turkey very seldom is anything left to be called "leftovers". With so much of your bird left, make

"King Ranch Turkey".
    (use turkey)

3 lbs. chicken breasts, or 1 whole chicken, cooked, reserving one cup broth
    1 lg. onion, chopped
    1 lg. green pepper, chopped
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 tsp. chili powder
    Dash garlic salt
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1 can (10 oz.) Rotel tomatoes and green chilies, drained and crushed
    1/2 lb. Cheddar cheese, grated
    12 corn tortillas, cut into strips

Bone chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Saute onion and green pepper in butter. Combine chili powder, garlic salt, soups, broth and Rotel. Place 1/2 of chicken in a large casserole; top with 1/2 soup mixture, tortilla strips, onion and green pepper, then cheese. Repeat layers. Cook covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. (You can also use flour tortillas instead of corn.)
    :thumbsup:

9. 97guns

97guns

yep the only thing left over from my thanksgiving turkey are the bones. im not a gizzrd/heart/liver fan but the cats sure are - they know when the holidays are here.