No offense to my IL Brethren but.....

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RowdyatHeart, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

(Worked here this week.)

I would quit my job before I moved to Chicago. 'Love most of the people. 'Love working with the industrial complex---some of the most talented machinists in the world bar none. 'Think Gibson's cooks a great steak for the money but the ruling class is out of touch with reality.

Case in point: A 60% increase in gang related murder this year. Emanuel's answer? More laws on top of the ones that are already not enforced.

Convenience store robberies. I am seeing where the bad guys just walk in and slaughter everyone in the store---it's just another day at the office to them. Gee, in some jurisdictions, the store owners and the law-abiding populace shoot back. It's a marvelous concept.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. WarCry

WarCry

Your first problem is clearly demonstrated in your title...

You should have said "no offense to my Chicago Brethren..." because most folks in Illinois that are OUTSIDE of Chicago feel exactly the same way that you do.

I know. I'm one of them.

3. 4TS&W

4TS&W 2A RKBA 4EVER

Click -click..

4. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old Soul

I was coming in this thread to post the exact same thing but you beat me to it.

We look at Chicago like the North Koreans look at Kim Jong-un.. Sure he's technically a citizen, but he's mostly just the POS dictator that nobody wants. Know what I mean?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  5. JK-linux

JK-linux

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. Glock1963

Glock1963

As a lifetime (nearly 50) Illinoisian, this pretty much sums it up perfectly. I can't think of many people I've met that have anything but hatred and contempt for what Chicago and its leaders represent.

I am from central Illinois and I absolutely dread going anywhere near Chicago. It sucks, too, because I love baseball and I wouldn't mind going to White Sox games. I went to a bunch of them for years but I just can't stomach that town now.

7. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

I stand corrected: To all my Chicago Brethren? Great steaks and great barbecue that Chicago has.

8. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Chicago, the land of gun laws and a free fire murdering zone for criminals.

9. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco

Illinois has got good people who live there. Just that one city that sits on Lake Michigan gives the rest of the state a bad name. They deserve their right to alot of things including ccw permits.

10. BudMan5

BudMan5

With the exception of concealed carry (or rather absence of) we actually have some good gun laws in Illinois. If someone is commiting a forcible felony or enters your home with the intent to do you or yours harm, they are 'bought and paid for' and if they survive neither they nor their family members can sue you.

The FOID requirement sucks, as does the waiting periods (3 days for handguns, 24 hours for long guns) and of course, no concealed carry.

But, we are working on it and this year we have the best chance of getting it passed then in the last two decades.

On a more postive note, we lead the country in 1) most governors in jail at any one time (2); 2) most governors jailed out of the last seven (four); and we are also the State with the lowest credit score of any State in the country. We even beat California on that one.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  11. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

To he77 with Chicago and to he77 with Illinois.

First chance I get to get out of this dump, I am out of this dump. I've been applying for jobs outside of Illinois (anywhere but here, really) for months now.

12. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

The important thing for myself personally is to stay as far away from congested urban areas as possible, regardless of what state they are in.

Case in point, on the news here recently a reporter for a local station went to an area well north of where I was to cover the rash of convenience and liquor store robberies in the area.

While they were interviewing a liquor store owner who had recently been robbed, the convenience store across the street was held up right in front of them.

13. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

Wouldn't care for Chicago but man at the size of the deer there. Would love to bowhunt it.

14. Averageman

Averageman

You can carry in Chicago, I did the whole time I worked there, on occasion I sat with the pistol in my lap while riding the El.
    Its about rules, if the enemy doesn't play by them, why should you?
    Chicago is run by a street gang, they just call themselves politicans.

15. jpa

jpa CLM

I was born and raised in Chicago. I saw how things were run and the first opportunity to get out I did. Now I'm in Vegas with a whole lot of other people from Chicago and California. :upeyes:

16. meleors

meleors Cranky Member

Don't forget, no NFA. No SBR, No suppressors, No full autos.

17. ted1

ted1

I was born and raised in tx but I have a sister-in-law that lives in Chicago. I would not ever live there my wife is originally from there and if she wanted to go back she would have to go without me lol. But I love to visit there I love the cubs the atmosphere its totally different than tx. There is a lot of history there and you can not find more loyal sports fans anywhere and I think that is something to be admired. Just stop voting for the ******** Chicago and you can be an awsome city. Just my .02

18. noway

noway

Ha

You know for world status and per 100K+ persons, NYC is a very safe place. Just like Chicago, it has "pockets" of areas that have high crime.

Your probably in one of the safest cities while in NYC due to the high number of police officers per sq mile.