GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I think Trump should be the next 007.
What are you trying to do? Spark nationwide riots and protests from the all of the thin-skinned snowflakes and intolerant libs? Even suggesting this publicly would certainly set off so many of the basement dwellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10mm Philosopher
6,097 Posts
Sir Sean Connery has passed. Just reported by FOX News
RIP 007
Sad, very sad. :( :crying:

Connery was one of the very few Old School 'Leading Man' actors who consistently brought an assertive masculinity to any role he ever had. The only other major leading male actors who did that (at least that I can recall from that era) were Charlton Heston and Clint Eastwood.

Maybe Charles Bronson too, but he was considered second tier until his 'Death Wish' film shook up the world.

Reactions: n2g and 1L26

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
When I was a freshman in H.S., the cool kids had 007 book covers.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
As a child of the 80’s I have to say, with much embarrassment, that Moore is my favorite Bond. With that said, Connery is one of my favorite actors and I will miss him a lot. The Untouchables was probably my favorite role of his, with his many appearances on Jeopardy being a close second ;)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
As a child of the 80’s I have to say, with much embarrassment, that Moore is my favorite Bond. With that said, Connery is one of my favorite actors and I will miss him a lot. The Untouchables was probably my favorite role of his, with his many appearances on Jeopardy being a close second ;)
Entitled to your opinion, of course, and I respect that. IMHO, the only Bond actor (or movie) worse than Roger Moore's Bond was George Lazenby.

RIP Sean Connery! I agree that "From Russia With Love" was one of the greatest Bond movies.

·
Registered
20,333 Posts
RIP 007

Loved him as Bond, but I've always been a big fan of the movie The Rock with him and Nic Cage. Connery was great in that.

·
NRA Endowment Member
204 Posts
My wife and I watched the Rock tonight in memory.
RIP Mr. Mason

Reactions: B C

·
Firm member
29,906 Posts
My only bar trick is a Sean Connery voice that would fool his own mother. HH

·
10mm Philosopher
6,097 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
One of my favorites was "Medicine Man"......story of a medical researcher in the Amazon jungle who discovers a cure for cancer.

RIP Mr. Connery

It was a cool movie... I'm sure the Lord was smiling when Sir Sean arrived!

Reactions: agtman and hogship

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Entitled to your opinion, of course, and I respect that. IMHO, the only Bond actor (or movie) worse than Roger Moore's Bond was George Lazenby.

RIP Sean Connery! I agree that "From Russia With Love" was one of the greatest Bond movies.
Hey, give me some credit for admitting it! I’ll rephrase a bit, Moore was my favorite because I grew up with his movies and enjoyed them. I don’t think Moore was the most realistic secret agent by a long shot. In that respect, I’d have to go with Craig. Connery was the total package however.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Sean Connery came into this world as we all do, a helpless infant. When he left this world he left a body of work and memories for the entire world to enjoy.

He will be cherished and missed by millions. Any of us should be so fortunate.

RIP Mr. Connery.

·
NRA Life Member
28,692 Posts
My favorite non-Bond Bond.

upload_2020-11-1_15-33-31.jpeg

RIP Capt. Ramius

101 - 120 of 127 Posts