GlockTalk Forum banner

81 - 100 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
It's 6:15 in the morning now. I can see the trap is still set and nothing has taken the bait.

I have two things going on today:
1) I'm still waiting for that groundhog to wake up and go for the bait in the trap.
2) I'm waiting for the people from the water company to arrive and locate the leak in my very long water line leading from the water meter to my house. I have turned off the water at the meter. I have two cases of bottled water that I use until my water line is repaired. What's next, a pandemic?!?!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Something tripped the trigger on my trap. The bait was not taken there was no animal in the trap. This groundhog is to smart for me. I just hope he does not decide to start charging me rent.

·
Why so serious?
65,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I must have just missed him the last I shot at him. Now he seems to know that I'm gunning for him. If he just gets a glimpse of me he takes off running. The animal trap I ordered arrived today. I baited it with a ripe banana. I'm not sure if ground hogs like bananas. Maybe I'll catch a monkey?
The research I did for trapping was melons and cantaloupes. Works well for me.

·
Registered
16,249 Posts
Something tripped the trigger on my trap. The bait was not taken there was no animal in the trap. This groundhog is to smart for me. I just hope he does decide to start to charging me rent.
I put a game cam on a live trap one day. Animals that are used to using their paws - cats and raccoons mostly - will try to reach in from the side and spring the trap. This is one reason why you don't set the trigger too light. Put the trap out of the way, cover it so there is no access from the sides, and you'll catch something... Might be a '****, might be a skunk, might be the woodchuck, but these traps do work. Just be prepared to deal with whatever you caught.

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
Got me a chipmunk yesterday with the peanut butter baited "Jaws of Death".
Alvin ain't running around my yard anymore.
I saw him on the third, let him have the fourth, got him on the fifth.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
Something tripped the trigger on my trap. The bait was not taken there was no animal in the trap. This groundhog is to smart for me. I just hope he does not decide to start charging me rent.
Told ya. :p

Capture.JPG

·
Senior Moment
6,098 Posts
Animals that are used to using their paws - cats and raccoons mostly - will try to reach in from the side and spring the trap.
I've had raccoons just roll the trap over and spill the dry cat food bait. Then eat the cat food off the ground.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Did he drink all of yer beer?

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Oh the epic battle of man vs. nature!:animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol:

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
..you'll catch something... Might be a '****, might be a skunk, might be the woodchuck, but these traps do work. Just be prepared to deal with whatever you caught.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
This groundhog is to smart for me. I just hope he does not decide to start charging me rent.
Charge YOU rent? He's living in your head, rent free! You should start charging him!

Reactions: 1bigK

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,482 Posts
Dave, I needed a good laugh today thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
I've trapped a lot of critters; feral cats, raccoons, possums, skunks (by accident). The one bait you don't seem to have tried is...salt. Cut an apple in quarters and bait the trap. Then run a fairly thick line of Morton salt from under your shed to the trap and put the trap just a few feet from the shed. Guaranteed to work.

My aunt had a family of chucks raiding her garden. I baited a hav-a-hart as above and caught the momma and 2 babies all at once. Reset and got the other 2 babies in the time it took me to drive the mile back to my house.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
After butchering, soak the meat overnight in the fridge in milk inside a ziplock bag. That works for removing the gamey flavor. Rinse well before cooking.
Then into the smoker for ?? hours.... (better than Road Kill )

81 - 100 of 250 Posts