Glock Talk banner

NO MORE GEN 3's

55855 Views 190 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  switch625
The word in my area for gun dealers Glock is no longer making gen 3's. Looked all over finally found a new G19 gen 3. Picked it up today that will give me two of them. I am pushing 70 they should last me my life time.lol
21 - 40 of 191 Posts

· M62/76
14,804 Posts
Every few weeks someone posts that Gen 3s are no longer being produced. Its like when my girlfriend "looses" her phone. I no longer get worried.
Well put. It’s true, this is one of the more rampant rumors on GT since the Gen4s were introduced way back when.

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
Uh, don't they have the exact same number of parts?
I guess if you count a 4 peice RSA as one part when the original had a 2 peice. Also The intercheable backstrap thing and interchangable mag release to me are just gimmicks. Also Gen 3s had better finish. I'm chasing rust on my Gen 4 all the time. Never on my gen 3s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,406 Posts
I guess if you count a 4 peice RSA as one part when the original had a 2 peice. Also The intercheable backstrap thing and interchangable mag release to me are just gimmicks. Also Gen 3s had better finish. I'm chasing rust on my Gen 4 all the time. Never on my gen 3s.

Are you bathing it in salt water? Also the black color on the slide is cosmetic finish only and has nothing to do with the corrosion resistance...

· Banned
6,834 Posts
That means no more Glock 30s.
Yes...the G30S, G36, G17L, and G24 would vanish, since they have no Gen4 version.

The story I heard is that Gen3 production will continue, but the sales package for ALL areas will include ONLY California-legal magazines...currently 10-round limits, although an attempt was made for 7-round limits.

Reactions: L-2

· PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
15,061 Posts
California is a great place to visit any time of year for sunshine and brand new Gen3 Glocks.

Californians have voted that Gen3 Glocks are the only safe Glocks, and that anything after Gen3 is dangerous. Gen4, 5 or any other future Generation are prohibited, in most cases.

In their mesmerizing wisdom, they have determined however, that post-Gen3 Glocks are only safe for:

- Law Enforcement
- Out of State Immigrants moving into the State (you are welcome to bring your G4, or 5)
- Anyone who buys it at a used gun (from Law Enforcement or Immigrants)

Glock has observed that there is still great demand for brand-new Gen3 Glocks from California's dignified citizens.

Therefore, they will continue to produce Gen3's for Californians because there are a lot of them.

Come visit the sunshine State if you would like a brand new Gen3 Glock.* It will be available here for a long time.

* (1) Only Gen3 Glocks made in Austria are safe in California. The voters have determined that Gen3 Glocks that are made in the USA are not safe for regular people. They are safe however, for Law Enforcement, Immigrants and the used market.

(2) Californians have also determined that the G30S (which only comes in Gen3) is not safe in California, no matter where it's made (Austria or USA). Therefore, it is not allowed. But you can buy a G36 slide and mate it with a G30 frame to create a Frankenstein G30S. This is considered safe.
What insanity!...is there no end to it in Kalifornia?...I hope all the "reasonable" residents leave there as soon as they can!

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
Are you bathing it in salt water? Also the black color on the slide is cosmetic finish only and has nothing to do with the corrosion resistance...
Sorry never seen a tennifer Glock rust and no it mainly sits in the safe. IV8888 has had huge problems with his wifes Glock 43 rusting too. My 43 has been solid though but my Gen 4 G20 is a constant battle. Seems the consistency just isn't there with the Gen 4 finish.

· Registered
6,861 Posts
I have several older Gen 3 9mm Glocks with the frying pan finish and actual Tenifer metal treatment. I don't think a more reliable and durable handgun has ever been made. I can't say that about the Gen 4's.
I have six Gen 4s from 2012 and earlier that also have that same frying pan finish. The rest of my Gen 4s, my 42 and 43 were purchased 2013 or later and do not. It has nothing to do with the what generation, but with what Glock was using at the time, the only exception being the nDLC used on the current Gen 5 models. My dad's 90s manufactured Gen 3 22 and 27 have a finish that's virtually indistinguishable from my two year old Glock 43. Besides, there's no way you can look at your gun and know what treatment was used. The treatment and the finish are not part of the same process.

· Registered
2,694 Posts
The treatment and the finish are not part of the same process.
Sure, I didn't state otherwise. However, if you bought a Glock after 2010 or so, you are not getting one with the actual Tenifer metal treatment. Something somewhat similiar, but inferior IMO since I never saw rust on the Tenifer guns whereas I have seen a lot of Glocks have rust issues since they stopped using it.

· Registered
8,142 Posts

''interchangable mag release to me are just gimmicks''

I wonder if you are left handed?

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Sorry never seen a tennifer Glock rust and no it mainly sits in the safe. IV8888 has had huge problems with his wifes Glock 43 rusting too. My 43 has been solid though but my Gen 4 G20 is a constant battle. Seems the consistency just isn't there with the Gen 4 finish.

Are all the guns that you and YouTube are having problems with, made in USA?

21 - 40 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.