Glock Talk banner

NO MORE GEN 3's

55855 Views 190 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  switch625
The word in my area for gun dealers Glock is no longer making gen 3's. Looked all over finally found a new G19 gen 3. Picked it up today that will give me two of them. I am pushing 70 they should last me my life time.lol
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,793 Posts
My local dealer has had a hard time finding Gen 3s recently as well. Discontinued? I'd be shocked. I CAN see Glock choosing to throttle back production for now. How long and to what extent is the question.

I initially thought Glock would make the Gen 5s somewhat of a limited run. With the addition of the 26 and the thread about a foreign 22, I may have erred. Keeping the full production of the three generations is a lot of models going at once.

It could be nothing more than a very short term situation with supply catching back up quickly. :dunno:

Time will tell.

· Registered
5,793 Posts
I would imagine that Gen4 is more in danger of being discontinued before Gen3.
Glock is notoriously hardheaded when it comes to their ideas. Look how long they have maintained production of their GAP caliber guns. To have them discard 7-8 years worth of development in the Gen 4s to retain an older design makes no sense to me. :dunno:

I really don't see Glock just canceling the Gen 3s (or 4s). My WAG is that at some point Glock will throttle back production of the less popular models of the Gen 3 line. They will keep funneling the popular models to California, et al. The rest may eventually become much like the 17L and 24. Make an occasional batch as they feel the market would support.

Then again, they just might keep all three generations flowing at full speed. Glock will do what they please.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.