Glock Talk banner

NO MORE GEN 3's

55865 Views 190 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  switch625
The word in my area for gun dealers Glock is no longer making gen 3's. Looked all over finally found a new G19 gen 3. Picked it up today that will give me two of them. I am pushing 70 they should last me my life time.lol
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
Uh, don't they have the exact same number of parts?
I guess if you count a 4 peice RSA as one part when the original had a 2 peice. Also The intercheable backstrap thing and interchangable mag release to me are just gimmicks. Also Gen 3s had better finish. I'm chasing rust on my Gen 4 all the time. Never on my gen 3s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
Are you bathing it in salt water? Also the black color on the slide is cosmetic finish only and has nothing to do with the corrosion resistance...
Sorry never seen a tennifer Glock rust and no it mainly sits in the safe. IV8888 has had huge problems with his wifes Glock 43 rusting too. My 43 has been solid though but my Gen 4 G20 is a constant battle. Seems the consistency just isn't there with the Gen 4 finish.

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
I learned to shoot on right handed pistols, Gen 3 Glock pistols specifically. I made due forever using my index finger for mag releases and slide stop lever operation. I honestly agree to a point as some ambidextrous controls without the rest seems only partly useful. The Gen 5 has actually taken over my older G19's as my EDC due to the complete support for left handed shooters.
My issue is that of least common denominator. If you become procient with a pistol thats laid out correctly for a righty then you'll be able pick up any pistol and run with it. If you become proficient with a pistol designed for a lefty then if you have to use a pistol designed for a righty you'll find yourself reaching for that none existent mag release or slide release under stress and that could cost you.

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
I mean, the barrel, trigger, connector, and striker are the same, no? I REALLY want to know why gen 4's are unsafe for californians, yet we can all probably name a 1/2 dozen "California legal" pistols that wont pass a simple drop test....
It's not that they're unsafe it's that CA requires all new guns on the registry to be microstamped. Glock won't be microstamping it's pistols and I'm not sure anyone else does either. I'm not going to research it a lot but I don't think anyone really can.

· Elite Member
6,664 Posts
I am not the only one who asked the Gen. 3 differences question. Will someone sum up the differences that make the Gen. 3 desirable above all others?

Thanks!!
The older Gen 3s had a tennifer finish that was indestructible and they had no MIM parts. There isn't anything overly special about the newer ones though. Some people still like them because of the single piece guide rod and lack of backstraps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.