Glock Talk banner

NO MORE GEN 3's

55855 Views 190 Replies 115 Participants Last post by  switch625
The word in my area for gun dealers Glock is no longer making gen 3's. Looked all over finally found a new G19 gen 3. Picked it up today that will give me two of them. I am pushing 70 they should last me my life time.lol
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,406 Posts
I guess if you count a 4 peice RSA as one part when the original had a 2 peice. Also The intercheable backstrap thing and interchangable mag release to me are just gimmicks. Also Gen 3s had better finish. I'm chasing rust on my Gen 4 all the time. Never on my gen 3s.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Are you bathing it in salt water? Also the black color on the slide is cosmetic finish only and has nothing to do with the corrosion resistance...

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Sorry never seen a tennifer Glock rust and no it mainly sits in the safe. IV8888 has had huge problems with his wifes Glock 43 rusting too. My 43 has been solid though but my Gen 4 G20 is a constant battle. Seems the consistency just isn't there with the Gen 4 finish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Are all the guns that you and YouTube are having problems with, made in USA?

· Registered
2,406 Posts
No, the changeable grip backstrap "Lego set" alone means one more part on the gen 4 vs gen 3, and --although technically just one part -- the RSA used in all the gen 4 models is more complex (and therefore in fact a lot more parts) than the RSA for all gen 3 except subcompacts.
Seeing as how no one I know actually uses the backstraps, and the RSA is still just one part if you're talking about small parts to potentially replace... So yes, it seems the gen 4 has exactly the same number of parts as the 3. Haters gonna hate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.