close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Martin DNA on Zimmermans Gun?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bilbo Bagins, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

2. debbert

debbert

Big deal! Since when do stand your ground cases require the DNA of the attacker to be present on the weapon that was used to kill them?

3. Wasatch

Wasatch back again

All I recall is Zimmerman saying that in the midst of their struggle, his gun was apparently exposed to Martin's view, because Martin reportedly told him something to the effect of "You're going to die tonight..." I didn't think Martin ever touched the firearm, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed that detail in the whirlwind of stories and reports.

4. ignantmike

ignantmike

his dna would not be there if he didn't touch it!!!!!!!!!.....what a crock.....there grabing at straw's looking for something to hold up in court......

5. ray9898

ray9898

Zimmermans statement was he "felt the suspect reach for my now exposed firearm", he then said he was able to unholster it and fire one round.

6. KCCAD

KCCAD

As far as I know, Zman never said that Martin grabbed his firearm, only that he attempted to grab it and Zman got to it first. At 42 minutes into the video...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjRp-vIvTNg"]George Zimmerman Sanford Police Interview [Lie Detector/Polygraph] (February 27, 2012) - YouTube[/ame]

7. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

It is how the US legal system works, if prosecution can pursue a lead (even if made up duki) they will, no doubt about it.

These types of "Chained Goose" events need to have teeth, if the prosecution fails on a false lead they should be criminally liable in fines/jail time (IMHO).

8. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

The issue with the DNA is that George "claims" that he was flat of his back and the Martin was on top of him with his (Martin's ) hands on his ( George's ) head and was slamming it into the ground when George shot him.

This statement does not agree with the Coroner's report stating that the gun was between 6 to 18" away from Martin's body when it was fired.

Plus, based on George's statement the gun was fired at an upward angle into Martin's body but the Coroner's report states the gun appeared to be fired from shoulder height of a standing man of George's height squarely into the heart of Martin while he was standing roughly 6 to 18" away from the muzzle based on powder burn stipulations.

If George's story was true there would be either a contact or near contact GSW to Martin ( there wasn't ) and there would be so amount of Martin's DNA transferred to the gun (which there wasn't ).

Just another nail in George's coffin.

9. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

I heard on the news that he said that Martin reached for the holster, and that the DNA test was undetermined for the holster.

10. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Well, the important thing here, is there is no Martin DNA to pass on either.

11. TalkToTheGlock

TalkToTheGlock Zombie Hunter

But there was one cracked open back of a head. Enough proof for me.

Not guilty.

12. FCastle88

FCastle88

Sounds like the prosecutor is just blowing smoke, I would think it would be pretty unlikely for his DNA to be on anything from just a brush or brief grab, especially if Martin was a nonsecretor.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  13. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

I don't remember anything about Martin grabbing anything. Reaching for is not grabbing.

A lesson for us all is- A self defense shooting does not mean you go on your merry way.

14. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Common tactic. Keep floating bogus or irrelevant facts, theories, accusations until you have created so much confusion that most people, usually jurors, can't tell fact from fantasy.

15. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

God. So far there's not one damned thing that proves one way or the other yet even people in this thread have already determined they know what the hell happened beyond any doubt.

Why don't we, hmmm, let's see... Wait until the bloody trial is over and read all the evidence from both sides and then see what the hell may or may not have happened.

How about that? Maybe decide something stupid like innocent until proven guilty and make the prosecutor prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt.

16. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

:rofl: :animlol:

17. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

HerrGlock, that's just way too sensible for some GTers! :shocked:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  18. norm357

norm357

That's crazy talk!

19. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

HTML:

You have quite the imagination---you write fiction professionally?

20. talon

talon

Wow!! Talk about media spin, sheesh.