close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No love for the Gen 4 ???

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockenspiel 25, Apr 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

I realize that opinions are like...you know, but honestly, I'm not liking the Gen 4's...from first glance and feel of that rougher, stipled grip to that horrible "Gen4" designation on the slide, the bump on the internal trigger assembly (that i would have to file off, btw because it appears to hinder slide re-install) to all of the malfunction problems I keep hearing about. Absolutely NOOOO Disrespect to Gen 4 owners, I'm just speaking from my own aesthetic opinion. Maybe I need to shoot one, I dunno... what do you all think?

2. kamonjj

kamonjj

Don't file off the bump off of the trigger assembly. Just learn to reassemble with it on.

I love the gen 4 RTF.

I'm having minor issues with mine but it has never had a malfunction just throws brass like a whimp.

I still carry it everyday and would trust my life to it.

3. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Kamonjj, I would rather have your FiveSeven than any Glock !!! :supergrin:

4. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Love mine too, but my RTF2 even more :)

But like you said, everyone had their preference of what works best for them.

5. Radian

Radian

Mine have thousands of rounds on them. People like the FBI and other folks who spend millions of dollars of your money via FBO have no problems with the platform.

I think its a cheap duty gun that does its job well.

Remember this is the internet, land of fat kids and light sabres, lol speaking cats, and such. Reality is fleeting, at best.

folks down in glynco and up at quantico seem to get along just fine.

Last i checked there were several multi hundred thousand no bid contracts on glock handguns open, so you know where the professionals stand.

6. kamonjj

kamonjj

I wouldn't but thats just me. It was expensive, ammo is expensive and hard to find, and hard to reload. Limited options, expensive mags, lack of holsters etc. Its a range queen at best. Glocks are work horses.

7. JParham

JParham Member

I have never had a malfunction. No brass to the face. The texture works great, not to rough or smooth. And to complain about the bump is just being picky it doesn't make it hard or get in the way of field stripping. Feb 3 test fire date. This gun will never leave me.

G26 Gen 4
    Posting from my IPhone.

8. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

I love my Glocks, I've just always wanted an FN, i dunno, i'm strange...

9. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

To each there own, not being picky, just stating that if something worked well in a previous platform, why change it?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  10. BigSteven34

BigSteven34

Just picked up my wife a G19 Gen 4 on the 10th for our anniversary. Haven't gotten to take it to the range yet, this coming weekend we are going. I've been to the range with others and personally love them. More of a .45 man myself though, she prefers the 9mm.

11. JParham

JParham Member

That can be reversed though. Things were changed in the gen 4 and we don't understand why, we are not gunsmiths. The gen 4 was supposed to be an improved gen 3, which was not the end all be all pistol and had things that could have been improved. Now with the gen 4 something's are better, and they still looked over other things. To say that a bump on the trigger par is in fact just being picky as it really doesn't change anything TO OUR KNOWLEDGE. If you don't like the new texture that is fine and to each his own.

G26 Gen 4
    Posting from my IPhone.

12. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

I have had no trouble with my Gen 4 19, 26. They are fine now. There were some issues early on with some. No problem with bump or putting on slide. I am getting a Gen 4 17 to finish my 9mm collection.

13. bam1131

bam1131

I've never had to do anything special to put my slide back on my 17 gen4. Maybe mine is just newer or maybe I'm overlooking something but it works fine just sliding the ole slide back on

14. sawman1293

sawman1293

I bought my first 2 Glocks last month, a 19 & 26. No probs from either one. The 19 has 600 rounds thru it, and the 26 has 150. No hiccups, no prob w reassembly. Every now and then I get a casing to the top of my head. Big deal. Great guns!

15. Little Joe

Little Joe

I handled one in the shop, and I wasn't impressed with the grip on first impression. I'll hold off on dismissing it until I get a chance to spend some time with one on the range. I'm a huge fan of the RTF2 grips, so nothing may be able to equal that.

16. JBP55

JBP55

I have fired more than 30,000 trouble free rounds from G4 Glocks and IMO they are the best Glocks ever made.

17. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Its ok to not like the Gen 4s or Glocks period, everyone will have their own preference. There has been some negative stuff on the Gen 4's mainly in the 9mm but thats "seems" to be getting better as the kinks get work out but not all are having issue. There will be those that swear by them and those that will stick with their Gen 3s, heck there are people that prefer the Gen 2s over the Gen 3s. I wouldnt hesitate to get a Gen 4.

:50cal: