close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No job=no money=no new glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by slim36, Mar 10, 2003.

1. slim36

slim36

For the past several years I was lucky enough to treat myself to a new gun on my birthday, but since being laid off a couple a months ago, I find myself with no money and S.O.L. for this year's birthday, which just happens to be today. Well on the bright side, I'm just turning 30, so hopefully I'll have plenty of birthday's in the future to make up for this injustice! LOL.

2. davesglock30

davesglock30

well, happy birthday! it sucks about your job though and no gun. but at least you have your health! next year just buy two!!;f

3. Hailstorm

Hailstorm Boom Shacka

Welcome to the CLUB;f

4. McQ

McQ

I'm in the same boat as you, unfortunately I solved it with my credit card. I do have a decent collection though ;f

5. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

Stay busy. Do something, do something different. Hell, you don't have anything else to keep you from starting a business.

My sister started from only enough money to make 2 months rent on a 6 month lease on a cheap warehouse space in Dallas and with one used saw that cost her $600 she built a business which has been making serious money for her ever since, close to 30 years now.

My father-in-law took early retirement when peace broke out in 1990 and burned through all of his retirment savings waiting for another job just like the one he'd had for 30 years to find him. It didn't happen. He's 63 and finally found some cheap job and has no money saved for retirement.

Take your pick. Do something and see what good can come of it, or do nothing and see what bad can.