close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No guns at work...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by 1234Havasu, Feb 13, 2010.

1. 1234Havasu

1234Havasu

Does anyone know the Kentucky law regarding the employer allowed firearm storage in your vehicle while at work?

2. tadbart

tadbart duuuuude.

i know it's not the answer to your question, but i think the better question is whether or not your employer can legally search your vehicle. "stored" sounds concealed, to me. they should never have reason to suspect that there is a gun in your vehicle.

3. stonestreet

stonestreet Glocklover

I work at a company in WV and their policy is no firearms on the premises. However, the store that I work at is rented out by the company located near a strip mall. I actually park my vehicle (with my firearms locked inside) in a parking lot not adjacent to the store so the guns are legally concealed and there is no possible way that my company could legally search my vehicle.

4. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

I find it odd that I can legally have my gun in my car at work and I'm a TEACHER, but some of you guys with normal jobs can not.
    That sucks.

5. golls17

golls17 Lifetime Newbie

I can have my gun cased and unloaded in my car while at work. Do I? Nope. Because I can't even carry it loaded in my car.

If you're really worried about it, park just off of your work's premises and walk the extra block.

6. Jon_R

Jon_R

In FL we have a year old law that protects an employee from action of his employer if the person has a carry permit and has a firearm secured in their car. If you have a permit you can keep a firearm in your car regardless if your employer wants you to or not. The employer is exempt from liability from firearms stored in accordance of the law.

By law you can have a firearm at work in your office permit or not but that is not protected meaning you can be fired if your employer does not want you to be armed.

7. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

My gut feeling based on what I have heard and read is this----you can keep a legally owned gun in your vehicle, even on school property as long as it remains in your car and not "brandished". I think what you are looking for is "Can a company legally deny me the right as an employee from having a gun in my car while at work?" I don't think they can, but do your own research and make sure. I would always store such weapon in the trunk of the vehicle, preferably in a locking type container-----there is an open thread running somewhere on GT where someone had their G26 lifted from their car.

8. Kona2004

Kona2004

Not the actual law, but maybe a starting point for you.

hthttp://hrhero.com/hl/articles/2009/07/24/despite-business-opposition-workplace-gun-laws-survive/tp://

9. caman

caman member