Glock Talk banner

No GSSF certificate G40s until Jan 2016.

1057 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Mr Wasabi
Actually, any MOS models.

Got this from Jennifer in the GSSF department at Glock:

"We have recently been informed that the GSSF office will not be able to start processing award certificates for any MOS model until at least January 2016. At this time, we still do not know what the associated upgrade fees will be.

If you would like to change your selected model, please respond to this email with that request, and I will have your order expedited to the best of my ability.

If you would like to continue waiting for your selected MOS model, you will be contacted once we know what the upgrade fee will be."

Dang, I've been waiting a while but I'm going to throw the towel in on waiting until 1/2016. I guess I can look at this as a positive though and maybe (hopefully not for those getting them now) they'll have any kinks worked out after the initial ones are out. Also, I may have a better chance of getting a good deal on a used one this fall.

The big question is…what do I get with my GSSF certificate currently sitting at Glock? I'm a big .357SIG fan and have a Gen 3 31C and a Gen 4 G33 so I was thinking a Gen 4 32. I also have a 41, Gen 4 19 and a G43. Hmmm.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,254 Posts
Every one should have a G17 Gen 4 and a G21 gen4

That G31C is a cool fire arm My son used one of his certificates a couple of years ago to get one. I understand that they no longer make the "C" models

I wanted a G40 MOS and ended up using my certificates for a G43 (still waiting) and a G41 that I got last week

· Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah, the 31C is a fun gun to shoot. :supergrin:

I had a Gen 4 G21 that I traded off when I got my 41. I liked the G21 a lot but with my 41 and HK45, I thought I had enough plastic .45s. If I don't go Gen 4 32, maybe the 17 is the ticket? The problem I'm having with the 32 is that I also have a P2000 .357SIG. The HK isn't going anywhere anyway soon so the G32 isn't really needed. Ah hell, I have a lot of guns I don't need…lol.

· Registered
387 Posts
357 Sig is my favorite flat shooter also Mr W. Sounds like ya got time to shoot your other guns while you wait for your G40, which is what I would do... You have time to gear up your 10mm to 9x25 Dillon in the meantime.

· Banned
6,834 Posts
Looks like it's time for some other 10mmAuto, to hold you until the G40 can be had. :)

· Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good points. I need to check and see if I can wait that long per the terms of the certificate. It has to be within a year of the match where it was awarded.

I've had a Gen 3 20 and a 29SF and still have a Kimber Eclipse 10mm so I can still get my 10mm jollies until then.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.