close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

no Glock factory armorer?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by lethal tupperwa, Nov 4, 2002.

1. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

We had a problem with a locking block on a 19. It has some chips out of it. The guy there was nice and said it should be replaced but it was not in the parts sent by Glock.

Any one else had this problem?

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

At some matches Glock uses their area Reps, who are trained Armorers, to handle the Armorer duties. Quantities of parts may vary at each match as well. Call warranty and tell them what happened, they'll most likely send you the locking block.

3. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

While FireGlock is right, if I were you, be prepared to be questioned on your knowledge and ability to remove/replace the locking block. For good reasons too, I guess as far as libility is concerned.

Worse case have them send the locking block to a local qualified gunsmith for replacement if necessary.

4. Jakk

Jakk Millennium Member

I too left Lex without the parts I needed. Don't get me wrong, it's great that Glock sends armorers to fix guns free of charge.

A month or so ago, I noticed that the trigger pin on my G23 was not fit flush with the side of the frame. It had broken off, and part had fallen out somewhere. (Don't have any idea how this happened.) The gun still works just fine, but I do want a full-length pin in the gun.

I was told all the factory reps were at some national meeting that week, and they had sent a box of parts out to the vendor at the match, as their substitute (fully trained) armorer. Unfortunately, he didn't have the part I needed. He told me about the guy with the broken locking block too.

I guess I'll call the warranty dept.

Anyone know the phone number right off?