Glock Talk banner

No Gen5 For Me

17420 Views 86 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  GP4L
I've been buying and using Glocks since the 1990's. Over the years not only did I buy their guns, but I bought into their system. A lot of interchangeable stuff like barrels, threaded barrels, magazines and other parts easily bought on the market. With Glock Gen5 you have no interchangeable parts with other generations to include barrels with no threaded, no prior generation magazines or other parts. So…no Gen5 for me! The new Glock 19X will take the old magazines, but not the Gen5, but has the new barrel. Consider this when buying it.
See less
I've been buying and using Glocks since the 1990's. Over the years not only did I buy their guns, but I bought into their system. A lot of interchangeable stuff like barrels, threaded barrels, magazines and other parts easily bought on the market. With Glock Gen5 you have no interchangeable parts with other generations to include barrels with no threaded, no prior generation magazines or other parts. So…no Gen5 for me! The new Glock 19X will take the old magazines, but not the Gen5, but...
See more
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

· Registered
11,804 Posts
I think the main cause of fan boy confusion is Glocks choices regarding their “innovations”.

I am 99.99% sure The 19X will be all Glock, in every regard (awesome, boring-reliable pistol, that will take extreme abuse and never wear out) but of all the possible possibilities at Glocks disposal, they chose a Glock 17 with a shortened barrel lol.

I can think of multiple other possible Glock models that would sell like hot doughnuts, and that are highly desired and requested by their customer base.
Glock Inc. should hire you to advise them what to make since they can not meet the demand for their pistols.

· Registered
11,804 Posts
I'm not buying a Gen 5 either because the only real improvement I can see is the absence of finger grooves and that is a big plus for me but it's canceled out by the stupit magazine cut-out.

I kind of like the 19X if only it weren't such an ugly color. It's a Glock! it should be Black!

There are many improvement you "Can Not See".

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I was more excited with the Summer Specials then the Gen5's.
I bought a 19FS Gen4 and when the RTF2's with gill came back, I bought a 17. I guess each to his own.

· Registered
595 Posts
Gen5 mags won't fit other generations because the angle has changed at the base of the magazine. Not sure on the "extended" magazines.
Since gen 5 mags in a gen 4 has already been pictured for everybody's viewing pleasure... Here a few pictures of a gen 5 and a gen 3 (G19's) sharing mags!!

Metal Still life photography Lock Leather Silver
Gun Firearm Trigger Black Gun accessory
Stationery Office supplies Writing implement Lipstick Office equipment
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Tan

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.