Glock Talk banner

No Gen5 For Me

17420 Views 86 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  GP4L
I've been buying and using Glocks since the 1990's. Over the years not only did I buy their guns, but I bought into their system. A lot of interchangeable stuff like barrels, threaded barrels, magazines and other parts easily bought on the market. With Glock Gen5 you have no interchangeable parts with other generations to include barrels with no threaded, no prior generation magazines or other parts. So…no Gen5 for me! The new Glock 19X will take the old magazines, but not the Gen5, but has the new barrel. Consider this when buying it.
See less
I've been buying and using Glocks since the 1990's. Over the years not only did I buy their guns, but I bought into their system. A lot of interchangeable stuff like barrels, threaded barrels, magazines and other parts easily bought on the market. With Glock Gen5 you have no interchangeable parts with other generations to include barrels with no threaded, no prior generation magazines or other parts. So…no Gen5 for me! The new Glock 19X will take the old magazines, but not the Gen5, but...
See more
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

· Registered
7,863 Posts
I’ve never been to a gun forum so full of people telling me (or other people) how stupid and retarded I am for buying a gun. Especially the brand of the gun the board is made for. This is such a great place full of grown, mature men. I’m so lucky to be graced by the presence of all these “operators” and “tactical instructors”. Really looking forward to the day I can earn the semi-permanent Velcro patches to put on my plate carrier to show how much I know.

· Registered
1,811 Posts
I’ve never been to a gun forum so full of people telling me (or other people)
how stupid and retarded I am
for buying a gun.
Especially the brand of the gun the board is made for.
Something, been like this since I joined in 2012.
Back then the Gen 4 sucked.

Another thread a member who has Army in his signature
said the Gen 5 is ridiculous

I am sorry, but the gen5 guns are ridiculous

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,779 Posts
Geez, if I had only read this before I bought my Gen 5 19

That means the gen 2 also sucks........... damn,:crying:
30 years of owning Glocks and I didn't know. lol

So I'm taking your advice.
I didn't realize the Gen2 was a new, top of the scale price pistol currently being sold that is not parts compatible with other current pistols AND that the Gen2 had that horrid cutout in the front strap. Since that is apparently true, yes, the Gen2 also sucks. Now you know.

I don't know what you think you are talking about, RE: Taking advice. I never in any way stated or implied that you should or should not buy a Gen5. I said that to me, it sucks, and I didn't buy one. Maybe you have such an affinity for me that you just assume that my decisions should also be your decisions?

· Registered
1,811 Posts
This it a good time to use the Ignore feature.
No useful dialog with you.

Maybe re read what you agreed to when signing up.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/t...anguage-on-gt-is-getting-out-of-hand.1666973/

"No rude or defamatory obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable material or statements. No flame wars are allowed here. It is possible to disagree with someone without getting rude.

In addition, your posts may not include anything that will cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy a reasonable person (including engaging in activity that makes you a high-maintenance user to our staff)."

· Banned
4,374 Posts
Shot all day today G17 Gen 5 with Glock magazines from all eras. Gen 3 Gen 4 Gen 5 Magpul Glock mags
It is also possible the Gen 5 is a a little bit more accurate than the Gen 2,3,4

· Registered
G45MOS G42
1,123 Posts
I wonder how soon aftermarket parts and accessories start hitting the market for the Gen5 pistols? I’m betting very shortly.

· Registered
Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS FS
6,351 Posts
I’ve never been to a gun forum so full of people telling me (or other people) how stupid and retarded I am for buying a gun. Especially the brand of the gun the board is made for. This is such a great place full of grown, mature men. I’m so lucky to be graced by the presence of all these “operators” and “tactical instructors”. Really looking forward to the day I can earn the semi-permanent Velcro patches to put on my plate carrier to show how much I know.
The Internet is 90% silliness and wishful living. Always remember that:cheers:

Enjoy the guns you buy:drink:

· Registered
447 Posts
Heretic! Blasphemer! :supergrin: Actually, I just 150 rounds through my G17 gen 5. Neat pistol and I am really happy with it.
I am with you on this. Great pistol. I couldn’t be happier. I have shot and carried mine already, and have no negatives at all. I just don’t understand the seemingly overwhelming need for an abundance of aftermarket parts for these pistols, especially by people who haven’t seen or held one yet, and hate them already. I’ve no problem with the folks who want to tinker and modify - That’s their business - I just don’t understand the need.

· Controller
2,817 Posts

You are the only one who need to be happy with your purchase, but this is an open opinion forum, so you get what you get when you open yourself up...

For me the gen 5 is ridiculous, I have owned every generation Glock since they came out, currently I own gen 2, 3 and 4 guns, so for me the gen 5 is no good...

Now, all that being said, if I was buying my first glock, a gen 5 would be great! It’s a fantastic firearm, no doubt...but I don’t want one.

Btw, most glocks I have seen in use in the ARMY, were gen 3

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,779 Posts

I was here in 2012...I don't remember the Gen4 sucking other than the initial RSA mistake by Glock with the 9's...which was easily rectified on existing and new-production guns. I among others went straight to the Gen4 with our next pistol purchase as soon as it released.

· Registered
1,811 Posts
I own gen 2, 3 and 4 guns, so for me the gen 5 is no good...

Now, all that being said, if I was buying my first glock, a gen 5 would be great! It’s a fantastic firearm, no doubt...but I don’t want one.
Thank you for the very civil response , the kind more people should use

61 - 80 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.