Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been buying and using Glocks since the 1990's. Over the years not only did I buy their guns, but I bought into their system. A lot of interchangeable stuff like barrels, threaded barrels, magazines and other parts easily bought on the market. With Glock Gen5 you have no interchangeable parts with other generations to include barrels with no threaded, no prior generation magazines or other parts. So…no Gen5 for me! The new Glock 19X will take the old magazines, but not the Gen5, but has the new barrel. Consider this when buying it.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a good heads up. I really like the Gen 5, but you still make a valid point. Are you sure the mags aren't interchangeable though?
Gen5 mags won't fit other generations because the angle has changed at the base of the magazine. Not sure on the "extended" magazines.

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
NRA Patron Member, Blue Knights Member
670 Posts
I agree no gen 5 for me either. I already have five Glocks in several calibers but didn't have a Glock 17 so I went to my LGS to see the Glock 17 gen 5. While the trigger may have been a little better than the gen 4 everything else was just a little off. It did not have the new frame bevel which really isn't a big deal and the internals are different. I did not like the frame cutout on the bottom of the grip and though I like the smooth frame over the finger grooved ones the grip did not feel as comfortable as my Glock 22 gen 2's grip, I wonder why? Anyway I purchased the gen4 Glock 17 it just felt more like a Glock plus better aftermarket stuff that I probably will never buy. I think Glock hit an infield double instead of a home run with the Gen 5's

Reactions: SevenSixtyTwo

·
Premium Member
13,228 Posts
Gen5 mags won't fit other generations because the angle has changed at the base of the magazine. Not sure on the "extended" magazines.
gen 5 mags wont work only because of the baseplates.. take them off and put gen 4 baseplates on and they will work in any gen including the 5
Unless I'm misunderstanding, Gen5 mags work fine in other Gen's.

I have both, Gen 4 19 & 17 "Summer Specials".

Purchased Gen5 mags, for both guns. They fit & function, perfectly! ;)

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,820 Posts
Unless I'm misunderstanding, Gen5 mags work fine in other Gen's.

I have both, Gen 4 19 & 17 "Summer Specials".

Purchased Gen5 mags, for both guns. They fit & function, perfectly! ;)
They fit fine and function fine in all mine too. But to the OP what about the GEN 4? There were parts of it that were only for the Gen 4 so did you not like them either?

Reactions: rhaney02

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,969 Posts
1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.