close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by Dandapani, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Dandapani

Dandapani

I found this recipe on the internet after my wife was complaining she can't find these cookies at the bakery store in our local grocery like we did back in Ohio.

I've tried this recipe twice, once per the recipe and the other I used a saucepan on the stove to more closely regulate the "boiling" part.

The first time I didn't manage the peanut butter measurement closely nor could I "see" how well the syrup mixture was "boiling" in the microwave and the cookies turned out very gooey.

The second time, the cookies were dryer (perhaps a little too dry). When I make them a third time, I'll cook on the stove, and increase the peanut butter slightly (heaping T. spoon). (Oh, I also use regular oatmeal, not quick.)

A lot of taste bang for the calorie buck in my estimation.

Enjoy.

----

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
    by Pamela Rice Hahn

These candy-like cookies are easy to make and delicious. If you want to indulge in something sinfully sweet but don't have the time to make something fancy, this quick and easy recipe is sure to hit the spot. Plus, there's the added bonus that because you're using your choice of ingredients, you'll be avoiding those nasty preservatives found in store-bought snacks.

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup cocoa

1/2 cup sugar (I use cane sugar)

1/4 cup milk (I use condensed or whole milk)

dash salt

1 tsp. pure vanilla

1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter (optional: add more to taste and increase the oatmeal)

1 1/2 cups UNCOOKED oatmeal

Microwave the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 15-30 seconds, until the butter is melted. Add 1/4 cup cocoa and blend until the cocoa is dissolved into the butter.

Add the sugar, milk and salt. Blend well.

Microwave on high for 1 minute 10 seconds to bring to a full boil. (Should you need to microwave the batter some more, do so in 10 second increments.) You want a full boil, but because it will continue to cook for awhile once it's removed from the microwave, heating it too long can cause the mixture to scorch.)

Add the vanilla, peanut butter and oatmeal. Stir well. Drop by tablespoon-full on waxed paper and allow to cool.

Makes 12 cookies.