GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
27,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Trenton, NJ – New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed off on a bill that will release thousands of inmates early beginning the day after Election Day. Murphy endorsed the legislation on Oct. 19, paving the way for an estimated 2,088 prisoners to walk out of prison on Nov. 4, NJ Advance Media reported.

About 1,000 more inmates are set to be released ahead of schedule through January of 2021."

https://policetribune.com/nj-governor-signs-bill-to-mass-release-inmates-starting-nov-4/

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
"Trenton, NJ – New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy signed off on a bill that will release thousands of inmates early beginning the day after Election Day. Murphy endorsed the legislation on Oct. 19, paving the way for an estimated 2,088 prisoners to walk out of prison on Nov. 4, NJ Advance Media reported.

About 1,000 more inmates are set to be released ahead of schedule through January of 2021."

https://policetribune.com/nj-governor-signs-bill-to-mass-release-inmates-starting-nov-4/
Didn’t that happen in Batman?

·
G22 4 Me
2,207 Posts

Hmmmmmmmm, November 4th seems like it's really close to another date. Trying to think, hmmmmmmmmm...

·
Registered
27,184 Posts
Come on, man. :D

Why would NJ voters complain about getting what they voted for in their governor? It's their state, and their business ... and pure democracy means mob rule, anyway. :p

No biggie.
:animlol:

As one former community organizer once told everyone ... Elections have consequences. :cool:

Reactions: OttoLoader

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Maybe they're having a crime shortage and need some more?

Supply and Demand.

·
Just pixels
2,970 Posts
"About 1,000 more inmates are set to be released ahead of schedule through January of 2021."
Those are rookie numbers compared to my state with a “Republican“ Governor. No party is “tough on crime” in the modern era, it’s just that one side says they are...

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

it appears the state is short on peaceful protesters.

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,148 Posts
From that site:

Under the new law, juvenile and adult inmates who have less than 12 months of their sentences left to serve are eligible to be released as much as eight months early, NJ Advance Media reported.
O-kayyy...?

Sex offenders will be eligible for early release if they have not been determined to have committed “repetitive, compulsive” acts, according to the news outlet.
Great....... *rolls eyes*

Inmates convicted of murder or aggravated sexual assault will be ineligible under the new law.
JFC, at least that!

In addition to releasing convicted inmates early, offenders who are serving parole will also have the opportunity to have their time reduced, NJ Advance Media reported.
WHY???????

Hey, New Jersey, time to get your head out of your ass. Seriously, what the **** is wrong with their governor? "It will free up space in prisons for more social distancing." - yeah, by letting criminals out of jail where they should be!!! I don't mean to sound too crass here, but if prisoners get the Coof, **** 'em! They have a 99.6% chance of surviving anyway, I bet that is better odds than a lot of them have just going to the showers!

·
Unmasked
4,387 Posts
Part of the post election revolutionary army.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Soooo.... one of the states with the toughest gun laws, where CCW permits are virtually unobtainable is letting out a bunch of prison inmates.

Since Trenton was specifically mentioned, they'll likely dump some of these guys into eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware to start trouble.

I say we tear down all the bridges leading from PA and DE to New Jersey, then let them and Their communist neighbors in New York fight it out.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Soooo.... one of the states with the toughest gun laws, where CCW permits are virtually unobtainable is letting out a bunch of prison inmates.

Since Trenton was specifically mentioned, they'll likely dump some of these guys into eastern Pennsylvania and Delaware to start trouble.

I say we tear down all the bridges leading from PA and DE to New Jersey, then let them and Their communist neighbors in New York fight it out.
I have it on good authority that in the 1970s and early 1980s, the police departments of Morrisville and Yardley had explosives to blow the bridges if Trenton had out of control rioting that was headed their way.

It sounds hard to believe I know, but a former cop friend of mine saw the munitions in their armories. It kind of makes sense because those towns have very small depts. that couldn't handle large scale rioting.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have it on good authority that in the 1970s and early 1980s, the police departments of Morrisville and Yardley had explosives to blow the bridges if Trenton had out of control rioting that was headed their way.

It sounds hard to believe I know, but a former cop friend of mine saw the munitions in their armories. It kind of makes sense because those towns have very small depts. that couldn't handle large scale rioting.
I make it a habit to never underestimate anyone or anything; especially at times like this.

A quick web search shows that Morrisville supposedly has one of the lowest crime rates in PA. I'm willing to bet that the local police (and citizens) will do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

For now, police roadblocks may suffice. Let's hope this situation doesn't escalate to a point where actual explosives are necessary.

·
Venor ergo sum
3,306 Posts
That and some of the most draconian gun laws in the nation. What could go wrong? Let's all move to NJ. Yeah, NO!:rolleyes:

Reactions: Jan R Whitaker

·
Registered
74,463 Posts
More Blue State stupidity.

Reactions: IAhunter

·
Previously nutsnax
684 Posts
Maybe there will be shipping containers full of fully automatic weapons, body armor, mortars, RPG's, radios and light armored vehicles complete with UN "advisors" waiting outside the prisons for them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts