close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nissan Titans: Any good?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by vart, Apr 28, 2012.

1. vart

vart

I remember looking forward to the first ever full-size Nissan pickup being built.

I used to see a lot of them, but lately they are kind of scarce...

Are they any good, or are they just not as good as the F-150 or Tundra?

Seems when they came out, they had some impressive numbers, but with the latest offerings from Ford and Toyota, the Titan seems a little weak...

2. ray9898

ray9898

I love mine and see them all the time around here.

3. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

The engines makes very good power, and down low which is great for towing... The downfalls are the fuel mileage, and they only come in one or two trim packages... They're probably decent vehicles, but all things considered an F-150 or GM 1500 will be tough to beat after all is said and done... I looked into the Titans awhile back, and know of a few guy's with them... They all liked them OK except for the sour fuel mileage, and they have all gone onto other vehicles for misc. reasons... Probably not bad trucks, just appeals to a narrower audience than the other brands...

4. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Biggest problem is that they don't say ford or chevy.

5. GoBigOrange

GoBigOrange

The last time I checked consumer reports had nothing but bad things to say. That was several years ago though. My step dad has a Frontier with over 100K miles. It hasn't give him any major trouble. The Titan is the best looking full size p/u IMO.

6. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

I had one for three years and didn't have a single issue with it. The fuel mileage isn't on par with the newer full size trucks, but the Titan is getting quite long in the tooth. I wouldn't buy one now, because you can get better trucks for the money.

7. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

I used to really like the Titans until I read a shoot out a few months ago in one of the truck mags. The F-150 embarrassed the Titan in every single category, it was ugly.

8. Caladan

Caladan

When we purchased our first Titan back in 2005, it was the best truck out there. The ride, handling, and acceleration was so much better than the other common three pickups that it was laughable. Nowadays though, all three of the common brands, along with the Tundra, have been re-designed several times, and now surpass the Titan in most categories, especially mileage (well, not the Tundra).

I still prefer the handling of our 2nd Titan over the other brands, and it has seen no mechanical issues whatsoever (neither did our first one), but I know that if we were to buy a truck today, it would not be a Titan.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  9. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

10. ray9898

ray9898

11. ray9898

ray9898

The Titan is past due for an upgrade which is now scheduled for 2014. When the Titan appeared in 2004 it really helped raise the bar on full size pickups but it has largely went unchanged since. They have went without a major redesign for so long they are now lagging behind the latest offerings but the others. The new F-150 is really something.

12. sierrafast

sierrafast Coleccionista

ONe of my closest friend has one. Besides the terrible gas milege, he has nothing bad to say about it.

13. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:rofl:, they are solid trucks

:50cal:

14. Algaroth

Algaroth GADM \m/

Oh please. :upeyes:

Titans are pretty well-built trucks. They've withstood some serious work from what I've seen. They're definitely abundant around here, and a lot of people that I've talked to are very satisfied with them. Yes, gas mileage is an issue, but it IS a full-size workhorse, so don't be too surprised about that.

If I were in the market for a full-size truck, I'd definitely give the Titan a good once-over (along with the Tundra). I would AVOID any newer-model Ford or Chevy. Being a former mechanic, I saw way too many premature issues with them. No thanks. I know what to look for.

Besides, my little Nissan hardbody truck could use a big brother. :whistling:

15. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Everyone I've personally talked to that was looking at trucks wouldn't look at them cause they weren't American. Even if they were just as good or better. Cause those japs can't make trucks. Not saying it's everyone, but I've heard that quite a few times.

16. ray9898

ray9898

LOL....Toyota and Nissans entry into the full size truck market is what spurred the advancements you have today that are now market wide. If not for them you would just be stuck with the unimaginative crap that was put out in the 80's and 90's.

The success of the first Tundras and Titans showed the Big 3 there are plenty of people who like the capability of a truck with more than just the boring base options. Leather, electronics, style, comfort, fit and finish took a huge step forward.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  17. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I have to agree with this.

-Dana

18. OGW

OGW NRA, SAF

Same as with cars 20 years earlier. If it weren't for the Japanese manufacturers raising the quality bar, what would we be driving?

19. ray9898

ray9898

Something on par with the early 90's Lumina and Taurus.

20. Glock Holliday

Glock Holliday