nikon D2H and d100 fuji s3 pro comparison

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by spober, Apr 30, 2005.

1. spober

spober

prices are dropping on the D70.whats the advantage of the D100/S2 PRO over a D 70?BETER YET i really like the D2H mostly cause i like the bigger LCD SCREEN ,SAME WITH THE NEW S3 PRO WHICH HAS THE 12 MEGAPIXELS IN 2 SIZES(LIKE REAL FILM)

2. Cirric

Cirric technogoob

Spober - I can't comment on the S2/3 pro - and I've never had a D70.

I DO own a D100 and a D2h. From what I have seen/read/heard, the D70 is actually a tiny bit better than the D100 - some of it is due to the D70 being 'newer' than the D100.

Canon vs Nikon has always been easy for me: I already own Nikon Glass, and it's not cheap to replace glass, so I stay Nikon as long as I can get good results. (compare Ford/Chevy GLOCK/Sig etc and you'll always get a wide variety of evangelism.)

The D100 is BEAUTIFUL for almost everything I've shot- EXCEPT action/sports: The images are Good, but I shoot RAW format, and the buffer/write speed on the D100 is "limited" ;). The D2H picks up the pace- 24 RAW images continuous high speed - great fun, but only 4 Mega pixel.

I end up carrying them both to provide 'options'.

You won't go wrong with any of them - don't forget good lenses.

3. spober

spober

yes ive been in nikon equipment for at least past 15 years or so.minolta before that.i have meny good nikkor lenses so ill stick with the d-70,d-100,fiji s3 pro ect all compatable with nikon lense.even their older fixed lenses.will work on new digital cameras just might not meter in 3d etc.
    i wish they would update the d 100!)

4. j doty

j doty

The D70 is better by a thin margin than the D100. The Fuji S3 pro is reportedly better on holding highlight detail, but res is the same as the D70,basically. the flipside is that you can have about 3 D70's for the prix cher of the S3. The D2H prices have dropped. this would work if you need a really rugged camera. Good comparisons are to be had, I think on several websites. One I really like is kenrockwell.com. If you do not need a really tough camera, save your coin and go D70. I have 2 and really have almost stopped shooting 35MM. Think of the extra glass you could buy with the price difference as well! The kit lens that comes with the D70 (18-70 ED with the Silent-Wave motor) is a real bargain, I think, and quite good.^c