close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nikon Camera Customer Service/Support!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Dandapani, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Dandapani

Dandapani

Just a quick note to tell of my experience with Nikon customer support/service for my 2 year old Nikon CoolPix 2000 digital camera. Through some rough handling, my fault entirely, the battery door cover became broken. The little tabs that hold the cover on broke off about a year ago. In the meanwhile, I used a rubber band to hold it on. Not very convenient (or attractive), but still usable.

I was thinking of replacing this camera owing to the problem, but I took a chance and contacted Nikon via their website on whether I could purchase replacement parts. In about 12 hours (it was over a weekend!) they sent me the phone number of their "parts" department and I gave them a call week ago Monday. And sure enough, they had a replacement cover and would take my order over the phone. Part was around $9.00 (a little high for a small plastic part, but cheaper than a new camera!).

Fast forward about a week and the door came yesterday and I installed it myself in about 5 minutes today. What a pleasant outcome! Parts still available. Easy ordering. Consumer repairable! I think they have a customer for life! :)

2. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.

That's better than a lot of companies these days.I'm getting ready to buy a Nikon camera.What is the parts department number?In case I need some replacements sometime or I might stock up on some extras for the little plastic parts.I'm always breaking battery covers on things.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

310-414-8107

Get the operator and ask for parts department, otherwise you run around in the menu maze.

4. Washington D.C.

Washington D.C.