close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nightmare in Ohio

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fowl intent, Oct 7, 2012.

1. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

Escaped, I did

:tease:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm saving him a seat in the looney bin! :crazy:

3. itisbruno

"Years ago, when I was backpacking across western Europe. I was just outside Barcelona, hiking in the foothills of mount Tibidabo. I was at the end of this path, and I came to a clearing, and there was a lake, very secluded, and there were tall trees all around. It was dead silent. Gorgeous. And across the lake I saw, a beautiful woman, bathing herself. She was crying..."

:whistling:

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Why? This entire issue, is solely his fault.

Had he cared to look, he'd have known he was illegal and wouldn't have gotten arrested.

Instead, he chose to be willfully ignorant, and found himself on the other side of the law.

You don't have to agree with the law, and if you don't, then by all means, lobby, and try to change it. But agree or disagree, you're still required to abide by it.

As a gun owner, I think we should blame the fellow gun owners who do not follow the rules. For they give the rest of us bad names.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

You and I disagree on many things but I have to say seeing you take this particular position is very disappointing.

6. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

I don't agree with the gun laws of Ohio.

But I have to follow the gun laws of Ohio, while I'm in Ohio.

I can not complain that its anyone else's fault, if I take my guns to Ohio, and they lock me up, because I'm breaking the law.

If I go to a different state, I can't hunt by my states rules. I can't drive by my states speed limits, why should I be able to carry a gun, based upon MY state of residences rules? That makes absolutely no sense.

7. certifiedfunds

That's why.

I'd hoped to see more here outraged that a fellow gun owner minding his own business fell victim to the unconstitutional and immoral laws in the state of Ohio.

8. itisbruno

The states make their own laws. If you actually read them before you go and do not like them, stay away.

9. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

You claim its unconstitutional, and immoral. The Supreme court, who's job it is to govern such things, has ruled otherwise.

I don't agree with their laws, but how I feel, really doesn't have much to do with the legality of it.

I'd like to see a lot of things. However, what I'd like, and reality, don't always mesh.

10. certifiedfunds

The Supreme Court is wrong. Again. Happens a lot.

BTW, when did they rule it was moral?

In your mind, from where do you get your right to arms?

11. oldman11

oldman11

Well golly little goody two shoes. I can see that you haven't been in some of the bush country that some of us have. And I'm sure that helps immensely to carry a gun packed in a case in your vehicle. :whistling:

12. certifiedfunds

So individual states can, say, deny women the right to vote?

13. certifiedfunds

I guess I just expected that instead of berating some guy for not checking/following some state laws regarding the exercising of his natural right to self defense, more HERE would decry the injustice of the laws of the state of Ohio making him a criminal.......for simply exercising his natural right to self defense.

Perhaps we have more Zumbo types among us than I thought.

14. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

There is no injustice.

Nowhere is it written, that you have the right to carry anytime, anyplace you feel you want to.

All of your rights, every, single one is only yours, so long as you exercise it, within the confines of the laws of the USA.

He chose to break those laws, and now he pays the consequences. Its not injustice, this is the VERY definition of justice.

That you have some warped sense of entitlement, does not constitute, immoral or unconstitutional.

15. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

well i travel up to PA quite alot for wife to visit family and we live in NC , and there is always a handgun between the seats loaded for anything . and i have been pulled over time to time

and we have to go thru a small 18 mile stretch of maryland on the way up . i dont give a rats *** what moral crap or law the state has , im gonna protect myself and family from point A to point B

YMMV . my family will not be victim because of some stupid *** law in some stupid *** state

also one thing ive learned there are people here claiming to be leo on GT , but are not .but thats for a different day

16. certifiedfunds

The law he broke was essentially failure to have a permit.

In your view, natural and/or Constitutional rights are dependent upon a permit?

17. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

There are many times where your rights, are dependent upon a permit.

If you don't think so, try holding a rally or march without a permit, and see how fast your "right to free speech" gets infringed on.

Yes, carrying a concealed, loaded firearm in Ohio, is dependent upon a permit.

That you feel that is unconstitutional infringement, does not mean that it is.

18. certifiedfunds

Pathetic. Honestly pathetic. Not just you but the many people here who share your view. The antis have won. Its just a matter of time now.

19. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

There are a lot of people smarter than me. But they are also counterbalanced by the many who have been educated well above the level of their intelligence.

I suspect you are overoptimistic about how smart you think you are.

I have never felt the need to cry to the moderators about anyone's posts.

I am guessing you THINK your posts show critical thinking?

:rofl::rofl:

20. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Calm down peace warrior, just because you believe something works one way doesn't mean it does.

This is America, if you don't like the laws, lobby to have them changed. You have that ability. If you can convince enough people thats how it should be, that's how it'll be. Until then though, the reality is that it's perfectly constitutional and moral to legislate rights.