close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nightmare in Ohio

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fowl intent, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Smithers

Smithers

Exclamations are for girls and grandmothers.

2. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Pssst, jonesee has been gone since he last chimed in on post #21. Just saying.:upeyes::wavey:

3. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Go hunting small game with a rimfire rifle in these parts and you had better be very good at climbing trees (if one is close) or carry a handgun. A rimfire will only make an angry hog angrier. Tell the hog he's only make believe and see where that gets you.
    When I carry in a car, it;s loaded and ready to go. What's the point of having a locked handgun? Are you going to tell a car jacker and/or a rifle thief to wait while you unlock and load your gun?:rofl:

4. wvkid

wvkid

+1 I had 2 coyotes respond to my turkey calls this past april and they've recently upped the number of bear tags allowed due to the increasing numbers oh yea the southern wv pill epidemic is encouraging too

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Um, who else are we supposed to blame, George Bush?

6. Jonesee

Jonesee

Still here.
    I just agree to disagree.

I am not going to start carrying a handgun while I am hunting. I never have, and never will.
    I don't have a CCW permit so when I transport my hand gun it is locked and unloaded and the ammo is seperate.

If the man this post is about had done the same he wouldn't have been arrested. (and I feel bad for him. the arrest record won't go away even after he puts the charges to bed)

And Bren was "partially" right when he called me a FUDD (I had to look up the definition). I don't own any black guns. Not my style. Raised on a farm and have no use for them. Mine are used for hunting exclusively. I have a safe overflowing with hunting long guns, and 2 shelves filled with handguns (Glocks included). The Bows are hanging in the garage.

I am an NRA member and strong supporter of the 2nd amendment.

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum, maybe not.

I'm too old to change my habits now, and I won't try to change anyone else's.

I see no point in arguing just to argue so this is the last comment I will make on this thread.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Meanwhile the legality of asking permission to exercise a right is glossed over... and people wonder why our rights are being eroded... it's because not enough people will step up and say NO to illegal infringements.

8. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

And we all share the blame for allowing the states to assume the power to take such rights from us.

9. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

I agree. Free Speech is almost gone too.

10. philipk

philipk

I am in your corner as this post could describe me. The only difference is I own a black gun and I have a CCW due to Ohio's laws about loaded magazines in automobiles.

That aside, the gun community should be big enough for all of us.

One observation, I have noticed that most of those who demand a narrow opinion on what gun owners should think were not raised with guns. They are mostly johnny come latelys.

To me a gun is a tool and not an item to be worshipped. I was raised with them and can not remember the first time I shot one. (Just like I can't remember the first time I watched TV.)

To quote you,

I thought there was room for everyone in the gun community and this forum.

11. tj3752

tj3752

Jonesee you probably would not have received so many replies if you would not of made the comment that you and any serious hunters would laugh at some one that carried a handgun hunting.

12. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

It all about going home safe and getting a pension...

13. MacChiroCtr

MacChiroCtr

Jonesee, you're absolutely doing the right thing. As I started to read this thread, I assumed you had a CHP and was kind of surprised at what you posted. Since you don't have the permit, I think it's quite obvious you're doing what's right for you. You're following the law, pure and simple.

When I carry in the woods, I'm not pretending or trying to be someone I'm not. But I also have the permit, so here in NC I'm doing what's right for me, AND I'm following the law, as are you.

Season's starting. Good hunting!

14. bmoore

bmoore

Here is a link to some guys that don't have to worry about getting their pension. As a suit and tie warrior, look how much savings you got as a tax payer. Was it another gnarly day on your cell phone and computer all day?

http://www.odmp.org/search/year

15. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

There's room for him, of course, but we are reminding him that his view of hsndguns was a little narrow and that not everyone laughs at the idea of carrying a handgun while hunting.

If now he wants to leave the forum, that is his choice.

Or he could stay and be accepting of handgunners, and they will be accepting of him.

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Sarcasm, I hope.

17. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

1. Never speed or violate traffic laws with a firearm in your vehicle. Don't be stupid.

2. If a cop stops you DO NOT tell them you have a gun in your car. Don't ask, don't tell.

18. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Bummer. Any law abiding citizen may carry a loaded gun in their vehicle under the Texas Motorist Protection Act. Ohio needs some lessons from Texas.

19. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

absolutely agree g29. Get your head out of the sand. In so ohio people have been shot stumbling across meth labs, marijuana fields, etc.

Know the state laws. Get CCW license for other states that give you recip to more states (CC bingo).

20. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

What the heck is with the gun "racism"? Black guns, white guns (stainless)? :O_

I don't get it. Who the heck cares what color the gun is? I tell you what, you get someone shooting at you with a gun and all you've got is your bow, you'll give your left xxxx (knee :O) for a black, green, or pink gun to shoot back.