close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Nightmare experience with Clyde Armory

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by daredwit, Jan 20, 2006.

1. daredwit

daredwit

I emailed Clyde Armory and communicated with "Josh" who said that he could fill my order for 80 boxes of FN SS195 ammo. Then I am told a few days later that he only has 59 boxes of ammo. I send off 2 postal money orders for the 59 boxes and then get a call from "Andrew" that even though there is 80 boxes sitting on the shelf..only 40 are available. He offers to sell me some SS197 for the same price as the SS195 (even though they screwed up in the first place and the SS197 is cheaper per box)to fill the rest of my order. I hesitantly agree. I am waiting and waiting but no ammo because they shipped the ammo to a transfer dealer I use for firearms that lives over an hour away!!!! I have neither the time and more importantly the gas money to drive 2 hours away to get the ammo which should have been shipped to my door. "Andrew's" first excuse was that it was a "simple mistake". Then his excuse changed and was that I had NO "ship to" address. Get this...I had an address sticker on the envelope, my address on the money orders and a ship to address in the envelope on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. "Andrew" insists on lying to me even though.....and get this.....The invoive included in the box had my home address on it!!! So after I have to get out of work early, drive an hour one way in order to pick up the ammo before the gun shop closes...I open the box to find there is no packing material on top of the box and 5 or 6 boxes of ammo are busted open and strewn all over the bottom of the box. "Andrew" tells me that the box was packed exactly as it was from FN. Even though there were 40 boxes of SS195 individually priced by Clyde Armory and 19 boxes of SS197..."This is exactly how it was packed from FN". "Andrew" says that he was going to pay to have the ammo shipped to my door but because I "cursed him out" he offered no compensation or apology. He simply stated that he doesn't care if I never want to do business with Clyde Armory again. BUYERS BEWARE!!!!

2. donsu

donsu

Clyde Armory seems to have decent prices, but you cannot go by what their web site says as far as being in stock, looks like they don't keep it updated. They are also slow to never on answering their email.But for what I ordered the price was right so now it is two weeks and still waiting for delivery.