Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys in the Orlando area that can recommend somewhere to get my night sights put on my G19? I know a lot of people do it themselves, but I'd rather not break anything. Or if there is someone around the Seminole County area that would do them, I'd be happy to supply a few bucks/beer/pizza/hookers/blow. Well, maybe not the last two. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Crusty Member
10,925 Posts
Have you already bought the sights? What's on your gun now...the stock plastic ones?

I may be near by, and I have the tools.

Where do you shoot?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you already bought the sights? What's on your gun now...the stock plastic ones?

I may be near by, and I have the tools.

Where do you shoot?
Stock sights are on it now. I have a set of Ameriglo Operators GL-147 yellow/green that I want to put on. I normally shoot at Shoot Straight in Casselberry or Apopka.

·
Steyroid
925 Posts
do not let the shoot straight fools monkey with it. i do not know about casselberry, but know a couple of people who had their guns messed up by the clowns in apopka.
Dick Divitorro at East Orange Shooting Sports is the only one I (or most orlando cometition shooters) let touch my or my wifes guns.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do not let the shoot straight fools monkey with it. i do not know about casselberry, but know a couple of people who had their guns messed up by the clowns in apopka.
Dick Divitorro at East Orange Shooting Sports is the only one I (or most orlando cometition shooters) let touch my or my wifes guns.
Thanks for the advice. East Orange isn't too far from me. Maybe I'll check them out.

·
Crusty Member
10,925 Posts
Stock sights are easily removed, and it appears your new ones are a friction fit rear and I assume a screw together front. I have the tools, and could install your sights at Shoot Straight (Apopka) if we could arrange a time and it doesn't violate their rules (can you work on guns on the range?).

That is, if you trust me not to mess up your gun. :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock sights are easily removed, and it appears your new ones are a friction fit rear and I assume a screw together front. I have the tools, and could install your sights at Shoot Straight (Apopka) if we could arrange a time and it doesn't violate their rules (can you work on guns on the range?).

That is, if you trust me not to mess up your gun. :)
How long would it take to do? Of course there would have to be something in it for you as well? Name it. I don't know if they would let you do that sort of work on the property however. That might present a small issue.

·
Crusty Member
10,925 Posts
How long would it take to do? Of course there would have to be something in it for you as well? Name it. I don't know if they would let you do that sort of work on the property however. That might present a small issue.
Removing the original sights from your slide...a few minutes at most. Installing the new ones is harder to say. If the rear is a good friction fit, it only takes a minute or two. If it's too tight/oversized, it may need some "work" i.e. filing, at which point I'd probably suggest you find an actual gunsmith lest I screw up your sights. I've done a bunch of sight installations on Glocks and only once had to to any filing.

The front shouldn't be much trouble...assuming it uses the standard hex head screw. It really ought to be locktited in place and allowed to cure for 24h before shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts