close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Night sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by adam2670, Oct 1, 2011.

1. adam2670

adam2670

Okay so I have Triji's on my 17 & 36 and Mepro's on my 26, just got a 21 and need some input on Truglo TFO's, never seen 'em hands on, just the net. Who loves em? Hates em? Why?

My Mepro's seem brighter and larger than the Triji's but I do love Trij products going back to the 80's when I got my first ACOG for my AR. I've heard the TG's are bigger and brighter than both so I'd love to get some input from owners here...

Also, the front sight on the TG's look quite long, if I were to get them for the 34 I just ordered would they run into the ported area and if so how badly would that affect them?

thanks!
    -A

2. Turbo810

Turbo810

I can't answer al your questions. But I just put a set.of TFO sights on my G19. The are bigger and slightly brighter then.the Trijicon sights on my Kimber. The best part is how well you can see them during the day. The fiber optics are fantastic.

3. tankdvr

tankdvr

i have been looking at various night sights for my G26....is it "easy" to remove the existing sights on the G and install new night sights?....or does it require any special tool(s) or do i have to take it to a pro?

4. Turbo810

Turbo810

There is a special tool for the front sight. You can do the rear sight with a hammer and a brass punch. But I let my local Glock armour handle it. They have a tool for the rear sight as well.

5. Bruce M

Bruce M

I have TFOs on a couple Glocks and they work great for me. Others have reported problems with them coming apart but mine have been fine.

6. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

I have them on my Glock 19 and love them. I like that the sight picture is consistent in any lighting condition (always bright and always green). I use mine for EDC and have used them in a few comps, they are robust and won't fall apart. I honestly think majority of those issues were when they had first come out. I don't believe many people, if any, are reporting those issues with newly manufactured TFOs.

Here's a little picture reference I did in an old thread to show the difference in TFOs to Ameriglos and stock Glock sights:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Chowser

Chowser

I recently switched my duty weapon (Glock 31) over from original Glock night sights to Ameriglo Pro Operator night sights. They worked so well for during during a class in daylight and night time that I am switching over my 32 and 33.

Can I just toss the old night sights in the trash? Nothing special needed for tritium disposal?

8. RacingGLOCK35

RacingGLOCK35 Iceman Killeth

Love my TFO's on my G26. Bright in the day and brighter at night.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. Jake-Gallows

Jake-Gallows

Using a hammer and a brass punch is a good way to break the tritium vials in your sites...I have had people bring me their guns with new night sights that "flamed out. and I dont know why"...after asking them how they were installed...it was the good ol' "hit it with a hammer method"
    Most gun stores will have a sight pusher, and most all Glock Armorers will have one.

10. JBP55

JBP55

They have the least reliable sights with the worst warranty and service in the industry.

11. Jake-Gallows

Jake-Gallows

The Ameriglo Operator or Pro Operator sights are the way to go. I am in the process of switching all my sights over to them

12. JBP55

JBP55

This.

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

14. CaptainXL

CaptainXL