Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so I am awaiting a G26 Gen 4 to arrive to me and will be changing out the sights, my question to current G26 owner's what NS did you select for yours. I have Ameriglo IDot's for my G17, would those work? Or is their another style people like? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
I have had Glocks since 2012 and until just recently, I have always had OEM sights.
I was at a gun shop back in January looking at some CZ's. One of the counter guys was installing a set of Ameriglo sights on a G19.
I started talking to him and ended up buying a set and had him install them.

Not bad sights, but if I were to do it all over again, I would have stuck with the much hated original Glock plastic sights.

The night sights are ok when it is dark, but to me, the original plastic sights are more visible in daylight.

·
bene vivere
2,127 Posts
I mounted a set of Ameriglo Agents on my 26 Gen 5. I like them.

·
Elite Member
6,649 Posts
Tritium front sight only with a blacked out rear is preferred. I like Ameriglo Hackathorn and Ameriglo UC sights. Single dot in the rear like your idots is fine also. 3 dots is a lot slower for your eyes to pickup but the clean lines and bright front sight like the hackathorns is fast to pick up day or night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have Trijicon HD or Ameriglo on my other pistols but for my first Glock I decided to give Night Fision a go. I swapped out my 26 factory white dot front sight with Night Fision's Perfect Dot tritium with yellow ring, keeping factory rear. My 20 and 45 have the same set up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Tritium front sight only with a blacked out rear is preferred. I like Ameriglo Hackathorn and Ameriglo UC sights. Single dot in the rear like your idots is fine also. 3 dots is a lot slower for your eyes to pickup but the clean lines and bright front sight like the hackathorns is fast to pick up day or night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just bought a set of the Hackathorn Ameriglo for my G23, haven't installed them yet.

Have Trijicon HD ZRs on my G45, like them, but wanted to try the Hackathorns.

·
Registered
687 Posts
E&S,
XS Big Dots are what ms gamboolgal and I have on our G-26's that we EDC.
If your eyes are still good, we really liked the Big Dots for EDC as they were fast for us to get on target - which is what we want/need in EDC guns.

However.....60+ year old, trifocal eyes :fred:here..... we just had Trijicon Type 2 RMR's with 6.5 MOA dots installed on our EDC's. We have swapped to spare 26's with regular Glock Sights for our EDC until we can get used to the Red Dots. We can still see our Big Dots.

We think we will like the Red Dots better - but we need to go shooting and practice with them a good bit before we go to using them as our EDC's again.

·
Florist
20,132 Posts
I have a set of Aneriglo iDot (orange front) on my second G19. Find them a bit too tall for CCW.
On the G19/G26 that I do CCW, I have the standard Glock NSs. I intend to change out the front sights on them to Ameriglo orange sights.

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone for your ideas and suggestions, have some info to pour over and will update as to what I go with.

·
Glock 26 Gen 4
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I finally got my G26 today from the gun store and just ordered Big dot for my sights after looking at what i feel like was a ton of options hah. Thank you everyone for your ideas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts