close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nidal Hasan (Ft Hood shooter) cannot plead guilty

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by WarCry, Aug 15, 2012.

1. hoven88

hoven88 Wannabe

Good, no plea deals! He dies in the chair!

2. ray9898

ray9898

That is common, his attorney knows that so something else is at play unless they are trying to force a plea which would take the death penalty off the table.

3. Averageman

Averageman

I'm not sure why we are playing this game with the guy, at this point we know he is guilty. He is still getting paid, still guilty and still not complying with Army policy.
    Give him an ART15 every day he refuses to shave and put him on restricted rations. I am pretty familiar with just how hard they can go with Military Justice, this guy needs a smack down ASAP.
    As far as his religous "beliefs" and his ability to plead guilty. I would say they want to restrict his ability to stand up in a plea and speak his piece. The last thing they need is him spouting of some dribble that could get him an insanity plea based on Islam.
    I very briefly knew one of the people he killed and it chaps my butt that they didn't just roll Hasan out in to the impact area and take away his gov't purchased wheel chair.

4. Ragnar

Ragnar

Doubtful. He'll probably die in Leavenworth of old age.

5. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

In no state in the US can a defendant plead guilty to capital murder. That would amount to suicide, and the law does not allow that.

6. VA27

VA27

He may die in Leavenworth, but it won't be of old age.

7. Ragnar

Ragnar

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/us-military-death-penalty

Currently 6 guys on death row at Leavenworth. Last person to be put to death was 1961. I seriously doubt that Hasan will see the chair; I would also doubt that "they" really have the guts to do Hasan. They are already weak on Muslims as it is.

8. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn

I don't think he was referring to the military justice.

9. VA27

VA27

:thumbsup:

10. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

I hope they bury him wrapped in a pig skin.:steamed:

11. fendertele87

fendertele87

I'm still confused on why this dude is still getting paid

12. WarCry

WarCry

Sure he was, just not UCMJ. Military prisoners are still military, and even the worst of them are probably looking at this guy as an A1 POS.

That pesky little "innocent until proven guilty" thing tripping you up?

13. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Why is this sack of crap still breathing?

14. kiole

kiole

Because every citizen is extended the same rights guaranteed to us under our constitution

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  15. Ragnar

Ragnar

I know what he was referring to.
    But if you really think Hasan will ever be out if super super super max I've got some nice beachfront property in Idaho you could buy.

16. bfg1971

bfg1971

I think the judge should start fining his lawyers each time their client doesn't show up to court within military grooming standards. Then we will see how long it takes before he learns to shave again.

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Not exactly. I'm sure no state lets them plead guilty at arraignment, but I was actually one of the investigating officers in a case that ended with an unconditional guilty plea to capital murder and a death sentence imposed solely by the judge, affirmed by the supreme court.

Interesting case - I knew both the murderer and the victim before the murder. I sometimes use Don as an example of violent criminals who smoke dope - I don't think he even drank much alcohol, just smoked dope. After the murder he used the money to buy a pound of marijuana and a go-cart. He had a whole theory of religion based on marijuana and the christian bible. He was almost as fanatical on the subject as some of the posters in GNG.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  18. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

What crime has he been found guilty of that would include forfeiture of pay? Not will be, may be, should be, what crime HAS HE been found guilty of?

They may put that into a sentencing to be retroactive to the time of the crime but as of right now he's still a Maj in the US Army.

You would hope the same rights are afforded you should you ever be accused of a crime. If you agree his rights should not be followed then when you are not following the current administration's wishes, what's to stop "them" from doing the same to you?

19. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

HG , I'm still a bit confused. It's not a crime he's been found guilty of yet, per se. But his failure to complete his job/duties due to the circumstances he's under at the moment. At the very least put him on unpaid leave, and if he's found innocent (yeah right) he'll get his job back.

Take the private sector for example, (at least in texas). If I was put in jail for a lengthy amount of time, but not found guilty of the crime(s) I was accused of, do you really think my company would pay me for all that time I was gone? :dunno: