Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't get any responses at the Gun Parts Forum, so I'll try again here:

Any of you cats familiar with Glockparts.com's chrome EXTENDED slide stop? $17, manufactured by Glockparts.com (I take it that this means NOT OEM).

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=733650&CAT=5203

It says it will fit any Glock pistol except the G36. If that's the case, why are there different part numbers for the OEM extended slide stops Glock makes? In other words, a slide stop for a G17 won't fit in a G21, for example. They're two different parts (I guess). Glock makes an extended slide stop for the G21SF, $19 I think, but it's not nickel-plated chrome; it has just the regular lackluster typical Glock finish.

I was thinking about getting the chrome (nickel-plated?) extended slide stop for my G21SF, as it has a nice looking (and great shooting) KKM stainless match bbl. Would this be a wise move, or no? Remember, this extended chrome slide stop is not made by Glock; it's made by Glockparts.com.

Thanks for the feedback.

AK

·
Banned
16,041 Posts
Chrome plated and nickel plating are two different things,chrome is the most wear,corrosion resistant of the two. As I carry my Glocks I do not have need of extended controls. SJ 40

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is nickel plated chrome? :dunno:

Its either one or the other.
Agreed. Didn't make any sense to me, either, but then again, very few things in this world do.

I just wondered whether any of you cats have purchased and installed this particular extended slide stop for the G21SF?

I'll probably forgo it. It's apparently NOT stock anyway, and I'm always a bit afraid of non-Glock parts.

AK

·
Retired Member
9,201 Posts
I have the nickel/chrome replacement pins and extended everything on my 2012 3rd Gen G26 EDC, and I'm completely satisfied with the lot!

The barrel is a LWD without that goofy logo...

GlockParts.com is a class-act company, and I'd recommend them to anyone without hesitating!

--Ray

P.S. This G26 is a little tack driver! ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the nickel/chrome replacement pins and extended everything on my 2012 3rd Gen G26 EDC, and I'm completely satisfied with the lot!

The barrel is a LWD without that goofy logo...

GlockParts.com is a class-act company, and I'd recommend them to anyone without hesitating!

--Ray

P.S. This G26 is a little tack driver! ;)
Well, I might have to reconsider. But my main question is still: Does their chrome-plated extended slide stop lever&spring REALLY fit ALL Glock models except the G36, as they advertise?

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=733650&CAT=5203

AK

·
Registered
177 Posts
I took a look at the Glockparts.com listing the OP included.

The listing shows up as "ChromeSP07496".

SP07496 is a Glock P/N described by Glock on their parts list as "Slide Stop Lever & Spring Extended - 9mm, .40, .357 (NOT 2-pin G17/G17L/G34) (marked 7482-1 on back)- including Gen4's"

So the answer to your question is that "No, it will not fit all models of Glock". But it does look like it will fit all the Gen 2, 3, and 4 9mm / 40 / 357 Glocks.

Glock does not make an extended slide stop lever for the G36, but you can modify the tab on the 9 / 40 / 357 part to create one.

The large frame item is Glock p/n SP01034 (Slide Stop Lever & Spring Extended - fits only G20-G21-G21Gen4-G37-G37Gen4-G38-G39 pistols (marked 3020-1 on back).

Glock p/n SP07489 is the item for the 2-pin G17/G17L/G34.

·
The Snowflakes have invaded GT
4,318 Posts
This may be hard to believe but I have taken numerous Glocks right out of the box, brand-new, and they worked flawlessly.

I have carried them IWB for many hours and have never seen a spot of rust.

However, since I have short fingers, I do like an extended slide stop lever so I don't have to twist the gun in my hand to press the lever.

Other than that....

Why change out perfectly good parts for parts that may not be?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
This may be hard to believe but I have taken numerous Glocks right out of the box, brand-new, and they worked flawlessly.

However, since I have short fingers, I do like an extended slide stop lever so I don't have to twist the gun in my hand to press the lever.

Other than that....

I have the slide stop lever because I am a lefty and getting sufficient leverage to work the stock controls with an index finger is difficult to say the least. The extended lever makes it easy. Aside from that, it is only night sights and extended floorplates from Pearce on my subcompacts. All stock otherwise.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Other than that....

I also leave my Glocks stock, usually. I got a KKM bbl. for my G21SF, mainly for shooting lead, but then I found out it's perfect for shooting .45 Super, along with upgrades for the recoil spring and guide rod.

I have concluded that the extended slide stop lever is preferable to the stock slide stop lever, so I installed one on my G17 and my G22 (Glock-made). Like them much better. So I figured I'd get one for the 21SF, too.

But since it appears the chrome-plated extended slide stop Glockparts.com lists does NOT fit my G21SF, I will get the one made by Glock. I just can't fathom why the damn thing would cost almost $20, when it's just stamped metal like the stock ones. I paid only $11 for the extended slide stops for my G17 & G22, from MidwayUSA.

Once again, things don't make much sense at all.

Regards,
AK

·
Registered
6,141 Posts

Other than that....

Bingo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts