close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nice off-duty shoot

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Mark9Fogger, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Mark9Fogger

Mark9Fogger Headed to WA

Off Duty CA Cop w/Daughter Kills Loony at Del Taco

Monday, 15 March 2010

ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ANAHEIM, CALIFORNIA

An off-duty officer with the Gardena Police Department shot and killed a man when he was attacked at a Del Taco on Sunday afternoon, police said.

Anaheim police responded to a call of a shooting at the Del Taco on the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Rio Vista Street at 3:45 p.m. to find two injured men, said Sgt. Rick Martinez.

The restaurant was closed Sunday but open for business again Monday morning.

The off-duty officer, whose name is not being released, was leaving the restaurant with his 6-year-old daughter when he was attacked by a 39-year-old man.

Martinez said the suspect was "highly agitated" before the attack.

"We don't know why, we don't know what preceded it," Martinez said. "As a result, somewhere in that attack the officer fired his weapon and struck the guy."

The officer's attacker, who was shot in the abdomen, was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead shortly after arrival, Martinez said. His name is not being released pending notification of family members.

The off-duty officer's daughter was not injured and was taken to family members after the shooting, Martinez said.

The officer, who has been with the Gardena Police Department for 10 years, was transported to a hospital to treat facial wounds and possible broken bones. His injuries are not life-threatening, Martinez said.

Several Del Taco customers witnessed the shooting and were being questioned by Anaheim police.

2. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

boo ya i think is the word. let me check my unwashed vernacular pamplet.

3. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

Rock on! Good on the cop and glad he and his little girl are both okay for the most part. I wish him a speedy recovery.

4. Brucev

Brucev

Sounds like the officer took care of business. Good for him and good for his little girl.

5. CAcop

CAcop

I know a guy who works there. I don't think its him though. He doesn't have 10 years on there yet.

6. FM12

FM12 I need AMMO!

What a traumatic event for the little girl! This will stick with her forever.

Glad she and dad are OKay

7. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Del Taco has yummy fries for a mexican place. And now it has one less scumbag on premise to boot :supergrin:

8. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

At least she will be alive to remember. I agree, it will be traumatic for her. Kudos to dad for acting appropriately.:thumbsup:

9. Straight Pipe

Straight Pipe

Initial thought: Some kind of retaliation against the Officer (gone arye, of course)

10. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Yeah, it is possible. I have had my own run ins with those whom I did not remember, but they remembered me. Not always pleasant.

11. ugly8604

ugly8604

It was good shooting too. Can't comment any more.

12. 312

I am amazed by the guys that don't carry off duty because "i was eating with my daughter" or "my wife doesn't want me too". Good for this officer to protect himself and his daughter.

13. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Kids are very resilient and deal with trauma much better than they are given credit for.

The one thing that she WILL remember for the rest of her life is that her daddy protected her and kept her safe.

That's one guy who will never have to wonder why he was put on this earth. Good for you dad... you did what a father is supposed to do.

Jack

14. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Gardena is a rough city with a lot of Section 8 housing. He may have a few people who are not fond of him in his fanclub. In any event, I am hoping that the witnesses are decent folks who will tell the truth instead of bending it to fit their own agenda and start talking about how the scumbag was at Del Taco to turn his life around and get to know his 8 kids with 9 mamas and went to church 1 day in a row and sings to orphan puppies in the rain while playing the harpsichord with his left foot and making balloon animals at the same time.

15. ugly8604

ugly8604

Some of the wits were claiming there was no confrontation and the shooting was unprovoked....

16. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Why am I not surprised...:steamed:

Yeah, the officer shot the guy for no reason, but afterwards, he ran full speed into the wall a few times to bash his face in and break a cheek bone for effect. Wits who lie like that need to be shot as well.

Pull the surveillance video. All fast food restaurants in da hood have one pointed at the front area where the orders are taken. That is standard.

17. Detectorist

Detectorist

Dang. Way to go taking out the trash.

I hope the Officer has a speedy recovery.

18. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: