GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased NIB gen 2 19 . It has the silver internals , steel lined mag upgrade , and a crisp trigger break . A best friend of my son-in-law occasionally thins his extensive collection and we get first choice . I bought a NiB 2014 Ruger mark 3 22/45 from him last year for $190 .
The 19 was shipped 09/92 serial no . ANMXXX US . I payed $400 $20 transfer . This was probably my most satisfying acquisition . I foolishly traded one about 25 years ago . I have and had other Glocks but always missed that 19 . Life’s good . 7B5D5574-3F68-4E6A-B2A0-6FEF56C1333F.png

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
I hope you learned your lesson and keep this one? ;-)

My gen 2 19 is my favorite Glock. Pure and clean. No marketing driven changes, just works

You got a great price on a cherry example

Let us know how it shoots

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,991 Posts
You can probably sell those vintage U notch mags here on GT for a handsome profit...enough to purchase a small box of newer mags

·
Registered
9,269 Posts
Nice snag, my original Gen 2 G-19 has been a favorite, I recently upgraded to a Gen 3, shoot it and be happy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet!!! I still have my gen 2 19 that I purchased new sometime in the 90's. I lucky took care of it.... ANIB. It is one I will never part with.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The early Glock 19 had a narrow slide lock spring that could break and if the part is left in the frame then your frame is toast. Glock came out with a wider/improved slide lock spring that you should buy and replace on your pistol. I learned about it during an armorer's class and I would suggest you get the new part.

·
Director of civil unrest
9,246 Posts
Sweet!!! I still have my gen 2 19 that I purchased new sometime in the 90's. I lucky took care of it.... ANIB. It is one I will never part with.
I think that is what is going to happen to my gen. 4 G17 with GNS and the beeyutiful frying pan finish. Almost sold it a week or two ago but got premature seller's remorse and it's off the market now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The early Glock 19 had a narrow slide lock spring that could break and if the part is left in the frame then your frame is toast. Glock came out with a wider/improved slide lock spring that you should buy and replace on your pistol. I learned about it during an armorer's class and I would suggest you get the new part.
Thanks for the information . Where should I purchase the part , from Glock , after market ,etc. ?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts