close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Nib g22 DPD. Should I fire it?

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Samboard, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Samboard

Samboard

I bought it thinking it would be my first collector piece/ safe queen, but now that I have it, I so want to shoot it.

what do you guys think, put a couple hundred down the pipe???

2. bonehead098

bonehead098

I don't own any guns that I don't / won't shoot. The choice is yours alone.

3. Samboard

Samboard

i never have either, but i saw this nib g22 dpd for relatively cheap(i live in taxachusetts) and bought it thinking it would be my first collector piece. now that i own it, i am thinking of shooting a few rounds though it.]

how much would this decrease the value of it if any?

4. Samboard

Samboard

screw it, going to go shoot it right now at a gravel pit. its a sin not to shoot this thing.

5. Samboard

Samboard

6. Mauper

Mauper

Samboard.....Very nice, I purchased one also in Taxachusetts and shot it already...Lots of the new pistols were for sale here,I wonder if they were available in other parts of the county...A local dealer has a least one in his case now at $595.00 with 2 hi-caps, but didn't see any at the last Springfield show....

7. Samboard

Samboard

had a great time shooting it. put about 50 rounds through it. i have never had a new glock before. always bought them used. gun shoots nice, way less recoil than my g27. but it is a huge piece. not gonna carry that thing, ever. i am puttin it in the safe and will take it out every once in a while to bring to the range.

mauper, where do you live?

8. kfox

kfox

I purchased one just like it a few months ago here in Missouri except it has the rail on it. $425 If I remember correctly out the door. Mine had the NY 1 trigger in it but I changed it to a 3.5 connecter with a regular spring. Really like the way it shoots. I have put 100-200 a week down the pipe since I got it.

QUOTE=Mauper;15677590]Samboard.....Very nice, I purchased one also in Taxachusetts and shot it already...Lots of the new pistols were for sale here,I wonder if they were available in other parts of the county...A local dealer has a least one in his case now at $595.00 with 2 hi-caps, but didn't see any at the last Springfield show....[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  9. Samboard

Samboard

kfox,

the big price diff here in massacomunist is that we cannot buy new glocks from dealers because the gov't oppressors feel the glock is too dangerous a gun... so, the glock is harder to get legally, hence the larger $ amount.

amazingly, you can get any gun you want illegally real cheap. sucks for law abiding citizens like myself.

10. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I bought two, one NIB G-27 thats already in the SAFE:whistling:
    No way I'm going to shoot that one, the other a well worn G-22 is my TRUNK GUN.

I was born and raised in Detroit, so they have nostalgic value to me, wish I could find some DPD marked G-22 mags.:wavey:

11. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Mr. Dremel should be able to help you out.

:cool:

12. Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I guess I would ask whats your serial number it looks to be under 1000 if it is I would not shoot it the serial #'s were the stock numbers so if its under 1000 I wouldn't shoot it just because in a few years it will be rare unfired under 1000 serial number. But then again I don't shoot my DPD glocks just because I am always afraid they will Kaboom and i loose a piece of DPD history.

13. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

My G-27 NIB is DPD6X56
    My G-22 is in my trunk and I dont know, guess I can look when I go to the range this afternoon.

14. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

I own guns to shoot and enjoy. No safe queens here.

My financial investments are in other areas.

Your choice. Revisit your intentions for buying the gun. Did it fill a niche in your arsenal? Was your intention to shelve it? Your choice.

Glocks are out and out performers. It'd be a shame not to get some good use from it.