"NHexit" seizes on Brexit to demonstrate for Granite State independence

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DadaOrwell, Jul 14, 2016.

1. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

We've got it all wrong. Washington DC should leave the union.

Sharkey and Hartford like this.

3. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

DC leaving *us* is an idea with exploring. Any ideas how that would happen? I guess if one congressmen could get a bill in front of a committee it would generate some buzz, which might create a movement. Or a jailed congressman. On the other hand if we can just get one state untethered, the rest should follow. I think it was the Czechs (or you could say the Afghans) who escaped Moscow first...and the rest happened pretty fast.

4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Not a new idea. I've been in favor of independence or autonomy for several years. I'm not alone.

http://www.akip.org/

[​IMG]

5. PEC-Memphis

PEC-Memphis Scottish Member

There was "talk" of a Tex-it several years ago (but it called Texas secession at the time).

If Texas had actually succeeded at secession, I don't think there would have been enough room for everyone immigrating there.

6. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

I don't get it, NH always votes for liberal democrats, and that's what is running the country. why do they want to leave?

steve4102 likes this.
  7. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

Thanks Stevelyn I will probably add the Alaska movement and link to one of our pages... we're trying to set up liaisons with all the other exit groups, and I didn't think about your independence party. With regard to the national elections, NH folk are just picking between different colors of dirty diapers like everyone else...but if we do have to focus on that then remember NH did give the top gun-rights-purist Ron Paul second place in the 2012 primary.

8. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Sounds like a bunch of rebels looking for a cause.

Stupid Quebecois tried it once. A bunch of Industries left, companies relocated, loss of jobs, loss of population = loss of tax base, off springs moved to better eco, split families, real estate down, etc. etc. They were worse off. They must have drank fermented maple syrup.

It took a new generation of businessmen to bring companies back.

9. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Texas and Alaska could self support with exports. How would NH support itself?

10. Rockjockey

Rockjockey Recalcitrant

There would be plenty of room when the Dem's mass migration occurs due to the incoming migrants and their views/values.

11. DadaOrwell

DadaOrwell

How did Slovenia support itself in the 90s? Estonia? Did they suffer from newly won independence?

For us one option (consistent with NH history and plausible future) would be to "sell freedom." By that I mean eliminate the restrictions on "sin commerce" that plague the other states: If we were nearly the only place with decriminalized prostitution, drugs, heavy weapon sales, secret banking, etc... that should generate a lot of revenue, jobs and (strangely enough) safety. If Portugal/Finland/Switzerland experiences are much indication.

But even if liberty folk like me were outvoted by local authoritarians on those issues...imagine how tantalizing it would be to visit or do business in an American place where all the Federal laws and regs did not apply? Just the state and local laws....

stevelyn likes this.
  12. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Not to mention Bosnia and Kosovo where we actively engaged in hostilities against an ally (Serbia).

13. PEC-Memphis

Sorry - I'm not following. Every reasonably conservative person in the remaining 49 states would want to immigrate to the Republic of Texas.

Making a few assumptions - if ~30% of the liberal population of Texas left and ~30% of the conservative population from the remaining 49 states moved to Texas - the population of Texas would increase from ~27M to ~61+M; if 50% of conservatives in the remaining 49 states moved to Texas the population would increase from ~27M to ~89+M.

Pretty substantial increases in population for Texas

14. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

I would probably hop the texas fence and illegally immigrate there myself if they declare independence from the USSA, It could create a domino effect if they actually did it with Oklahoma throwing in as well along with possibly the entire south merging with them.

Deltic likes this.
  15. Deltic

Deltic

I would hate to see individual states leave the U.S. A peaceful split into two countries would be better IMO. The borders might look a bit weird.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...1f3d0129b554cc58a5580ee72ffa93ceo0&ajaxhist=0

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...qpvt=election+map&qpvt=election+map&FORM=IGRE

I think 30 or 40 million people would want to move. The "purple" counties would require a population shift.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...2a364475107a6a827c2a03f0ae19ec6co0&ajaxhist=0

16. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

... on fermented maple syrup.

17. Rockjockey

Rockjockey Recalcitrant

Have you been to Texas? It is vast and wide open with a lot of unpopulated real estate. All necessities are already here in abundance, crops, cattle, ports, oil, natural gas, etc. etc.
    IMHO if there was a Texit or secession Oklahoma, Arizona, and possibly New Mexico would certainly want to be part of it.

18. PEC-Memphis

What does that have to do with "There would be plenty of room when the Dem's mass migration occurs due to the incoming migrants and their views/values." ?

Yes, I've been to Texas - a lot. Doubling or tripling the population in a relatively short period of time would create a huge infrastructure and job problem. I do realize that there is a lot of unpopulated area in Texas, but there isn't a large area with infrastructure to support a large increase in population - and it would take many years to develop it.

Deltic likes this.
  19. Deltic

Deltic

I don't think Texas has the water for a massive population increase.

20. Pwhfirefighter

Pwhfirefighter

Whaaaaat?! Didn't New Hampshire fight on the side that was AGAINST the states that tried to secede last time? :headscratch:

"Doc" Cavalry likes this.