NH and VT

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by miniglock, Feb 12, 2007.

1. miniglock

miniglock

Anyone know what happened to the VT, NH and northern NY (Fulton) mathes this year??

2. ede

ede

don't think they had them last year either. if they're not on the schedule my guess would be they aren't going to have them.

3. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

The last match in northern Vermont drew fewer than 100 entries.

As I understand it, the problem with New England in general is finding suitable host clubs in the more "gun friendly" states (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire) that are ALSO fairly close to the larger metropolitan areas from whence enough GSSF/GLOCK owning participants can easily travel and participate to make the effort worthwhile from GSSF's perspective.

If you know of an interested host club in SOUTHERN New Hampshire, SOUTHERN Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, or possibly Massachusetts that has the facility, the equipment, and the personnel to conduct a GSSF match, have them pull the Host Club application package off GSSF's website, "gssfonline.com" and submit it to GSSF for consideration for a 2008-09 match.

GSSF used to have a very successful annual match just outside of Boston, at Harvard, Mass., but that club had so many other "outside" activities going on that they cut back on them and GSSF was one of the ones that got cut.

If the Harvard club wanted to resume their GSSF matches, GSSF would probably be back there in a heartbeat.

4. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

While at the "Last" match at Fulton which was a pretty cold Saturday even for NY that time of year. Heard Ole' CE grumble pretty loudly about attendance during the entire day. Problem is Fulton is close to NOWHERE! except Syracuse, then since I-90 is East and West to the other major upstate NY cities, the driving isn't "short". Plus a good number of Canadians usually come down. There have been problems with the host Club also for whatever reason. Really to bad they could not find something closer to the NYS THruway {I-90} to have the Shoot!

L.I. is a cruel Joke for anyone living in Upstate NY, FWIW.

5. Krueshoot

Krueshoot

As I recall the last New England match held in what could be called "central" New England was at Nashua Fish & Game Club. For whatever reason, Nashua FG and/or GSSF choose not to continue with this match. To the best of my knowledge attendance wasn't an issue. At one time Pioneer Sportsmen, Dunbarton, N.H., was considering holding the match. Many of the range officers at the Nashua events were from Pioneer. After GSSF changed the payback and or financial arrangements Pioneer backed away from hosting this event. My wife and I would love to see another match held in "central NE" sometime during the summer as it gives us a chance to do a couple of things we love to do, visit family and friends and shoot the GSSF match. As a side note the same time Pioneer backed away the Rio Salado range in Mesa, Arizona also drop the match they had run since at least 97-98. Past couple of years it seems that club/ranges that have hosted matches for sometime had drop these events. Don't know what GSSF was thinking but they have lost some really good locations through their financial reorganization. Of course this is all IMHO