NFL Commissioner Gets Food Poisoning From Eating CROW After Super Bowl 51!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Charley C, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Charley C

Charley C

Here's a picture that I never would have dreamed I'd see!

Following Brady’s Super Bowl MVP performance and the New England Patriots’ record 25-point comeback to beat the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, it was the meeting everyone wondered about. After two years of the NFL going after Brady and the Patriots for deflate-gate, we knew the two had to come together at some point.

It happened as confetti rained down on the field, and Goodell — apparently standing out of Brady’s sight — tapped Brady on the left arm prior to the commissioner’s presenting of the Lombardi Trophy, as seen on the Fox broadcast before it went to commercial break.

[​IMG]
    Roger Goodell and Tom Brady shook hands after Super Bowl LI. It was as awkward as expected. (Getty Images)
    Brady slowly turned and looked down to see Goodell’s hand, the one that had signed off on 18 months of legal battles that cost both Brady and the league tens of millions of dollars and two years of anguish between the sides. He then shook Goodell’s hand, they exchanged a few words and it appeared that Goodell held onto Brady’s hand for an extended moment.

[Yahoo Store: Get your New England Patriots championship gear right here!]

And that was it, near as we can tell. Goodell went up on stage and presented the trophy to Patriots owner Robert Kraft and chatted with New England head coach Bill Belichick, a conversation that appeared more cordial and convivial than Brady’s chat with the commissioner minutes earlier. Brady spoke on stage to the dazed and rabid Patriots fans, but Goodell had left the stage by that point.

What did Goodell say to Brady? We might never find out, unless Brady reveals it. Goodell likely just congratulated him quickly before walking off. But that nine-second video, even without the audio, spoke volumes of what the past two years have done to change things forever between them.

On Monday morning, Goodell — presumably — will shake Brady’s hand at least once more and hand him the keys to a new car. Brady, one of the most famous men on the planet after his fifth Super Bowl title, likely doesn’t need that. But he might take special joy in everything that went down from the third quarter on, from leading an epic comeback to breaking Super Bowl records in the process and forcing Goodell to eat crow as it were.

Think about this for a couple of minutes before you answer this question;

Why do millions of football fans watch NFL games?

Is it because they love to see this puke on the left ? I'm guessing that Roger Goodell thinks that the fans watch NFL games because HE is the "commissioner"; I have news for you, Roger! I have completely QUIT watching NFL games for the last several years, mainly because you ARE the "commissioner"!

Roger Goodell.......the man who brings us all of the CRAP half-time "entertainment"!

Sean Hannity said it all earlier this week when he was interviewing someone on his radio show while they were talking about all of the "uproar" over the NFL's announcement that "Hussey Gaga" would be providing the half time show; Sean told the guy......."yeah, I'll be watching the game because I love football.......but when the 2nd quarter ends, I'll turn the TV OFF until the 3rd quarter starts........because I have ZERO interest in Lady Gaga"!

I'm thinking........"I quit watching the NFL and the Super Bowl about 2 or 3 years ago........mainly because I'm convinced that Roger Goodell is a useless, worthless SCHMUCK, who has a penchant for subjecting the Super Bowl TV audiences to the most WORTHLESS GARBAGE imaginable and calls it "half time entertainment"! I haven't watched an NFL game on TV for at least two, maybe three years now. Maybe if the NFL gets rid of "Roger the SCHMUCK" and starts presenting decent half time entertainment once again, I may possibly start watching Super Bowl games again.

Now I have a confession to make; I have never been a big Patriot fan;
    I have never been a big Bill Belichick fan;
    I haven't even like the silly graphics on the Patriot's helmets;

But after today........(while I was listening to the Super Bowl on a lousy radio station), I have suddenly decided to CHANGE MY MIND about Tom Brady! Sean Hannity was right.......Brady is a GREAT quarterback! Maybe not quite as "nice" as my all-time favorite, (Joe Montana), but Brady is GREAT never the less! What a performance! What a game! Today's Super Bowl will still be talked about and remembered long after anyone even remembers who the NFL Commissioner was way back in 2017!

2. maxmanta

maxmanta

3. 9jeeps

9jeeps rip "Bud"

Da fix was in!!! Knew the Pates were going to win a long time ago. It's all scripted.... Even the referees are part of it.

You'll see in about 10 years.

Stevekozak likes this.
  4. DHart

DHart

The Half-time show was a total JOKE. No talent. Crap songs, crap singing. Crap no-talent boosted with a totally overblown spectacle of extravagant special effects. And this is what the younger generations call good entertainment? Pure garbage in my mind. And an embarrassment to me as an American.

If a truly-talented artist, with truly-inspired music was performing, they could save all the money and effort spent on extravagant light shows, fireworks, theatrics, and goofy looking supporting dancers.

But when the "talent" is that lacking, all they've got to rely on is creating spectacle with overblown theatrics. This is a part of America that I'm not the least proud of. The rest of the world must be watching and laughing at the hollow drama of it all - if they have any sense.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  5. ray9898

ray9898

You read too much into things. Was their tension because of the past issues? Sure. Life and the game goes on.

ucfgrad93, Bruce M and Superzuki like this.
  6. kiole

kiole

You can't actually believe that? You think they scripted Julian Edelmans catch?

7. kiole

kiole

[​IMG]

SRS, Rotn1, Buffalo11 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Glockworks

Glockworks Thank God for Prez Trump and VP Pence!

Was there a half time show, really? My youngest son did say that the woman who was the center of it did a good job. He usually is right, but I dunno...:dunno:

9. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Half time shows?

"ACK!" (Bill the Cat)

Half time is drain the system time, go outside for a smoke, nibble on some something or other, discuss who's screwing up and why, what it'll take to win...

At least Goodsell brought the NFL out of it's "Not For Profit" status...

How many dollars were spent on legal fees disputing balls air pressure that each NFL official handled during the games in question how many times? (moot point, rhetorical ?, get over it). The attorneys involved thank him.

I will say that conflagration and conflict did sell tickets and keep all in the news, be it good or bad or both. So Goodsell has value. (You see how much $$ he brings home? Good work if you can get it)

10. M&P15T

M&P15T Well I'll Be Dipped!!!

[​IMG]

11. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

Am I the only one that can plainly see that Lady Gaga is a dude?

SJ 40 likes this.
  12. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Stepping down to the gin palace

Dude. It was a dude.

SJ 40 likes this.
  13. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

No wardrobe malfunctions? I missed even seeing that whenever it occurred. In fact, I can't recall actually watching a SB halftime.

I hope Brady checks the air pressure in the tires of the auto he gets today just to make sure they're up to specified pressure with a team of attorneys and tire officials on hand to verify (muahahaha). I kid I kid. (but it would be priceless if they were void of air)

He who laughs last, laughs last.

Molehill, Meet Mountain

Let's resolve the concussion phenomena, please. THAT should be the Commissioner's Job 1! (and halftime show scheduling, apparently.)

14. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am going to say that technically 50% of it is that a guy named Eric Edholm reads to much into it...

"...
    Following Brady’s Super Bowl MVP performance and the New England Patriots’ record 25-point comeback to beat the Atlanta Falcons in Super Bowl LI, it was the meeting everyone wondered about. After two years of the NFL going after Brady and the Patriots for deflate-gate, we knew the two had to come together at some point.

It happened as confetti rained down on the field, and Goodell — apparently standing out of Brady’s sight — tapped Brady on the left arm prior to the commissioner’s presenting of the Lombardi Trophy, as seen on the Fox broadcast before it went to commercial break. ..."

http://www.icgsports.org/2017/02/to...me-handshake-that-was-as-awkward-as-expected/

15. Charley C

Charley C

Thank you, DH! That's EXACTLY what I was thinking but you have described it PERFECTLY!

DHart likes this.
  16. as400guy1

as400guy1

I don't see why the commissioner should be eating crow. Brady cheated, he got punished. Nuff said.

rock_castle likes this.
  17. Binge&Purge

Binge&Purge Making B&P Great Again

I apologize for asking this question, but how stupid do you have to be not to know his post was tongue in cheek?

FWIW, when they say Goodell was "eating crow" they don't mean he was actually eating a big black bird.

Stevekozak likes this.
  18. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

Yep. He broke the rules and paid the price. People need to rise above the pettiness and move on.

19. ddbtoth

ddbtoth

Merle Haggard fan, huh?

20. TxGun

TxGun

I'm not even a Pats fan down here in Texas, but Brady stuck it in Goodell's azz in epic fashion and broke it off, then reacted with, "no big deal, I don't even think about this guy". And that, my friends, was worth watching. Deflategate was a total sham as many players, especially QBs, have since acknowledged there was zero consistency in inflation pressure across the league until Goodell decided to make an issue of an obscure reg that most said they didn't even know existed. Many forget, Brady was much better in the 2nd half of that infamous game AFTER the refs pumped a couple lbs. into the ball. That's when he really lit it up. All a sham.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017