close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Next years equipment

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

We still have 3 matches left this year but it's about that time again. What's everybody planning for next year, equipment-wise?

2. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Stockmeister: G17 w/ Heinie's and polished internals

Unlimited: G34 w/ Carver Mount (Red Raider Red) Aimpoint Comp XD, Harrt's mercury recoil reducer, brass mag well and brass base pads, polished internals.

New shooting glasses specifically set up for iron sights (thanks to a Dr. who didn't mind me aiming down his hallway)

Bushmaster V-Match with National Match trigger due in Thursday.

Benelli Super 90 - Friday.

3. 21 shooter

21 shooter

More polishing and slicking stuff up.

I really need some more glasses. Or, can someone can point me a front sight that is visible on my pistol? ;f

4. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

New Browning Citori, Gran Lightening in 20 Ga. Not sure what grade yet. I might just treat myself to an upper level of engraving.
    If not, I may go for a multi barrel combo.

Going to upgrade my Browing Superposed with choke tubes.

Might just pick up another Weatherby/Leupold combo too. Just not sure what cal. yet. The .340 can do anything I need to, but another matching rifle will be nice.

That's about it.;f

5. Fireglock

Geeez Tom, you just spent more than I'll spend on all my shooting next year. ;f

6. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

FireGlock,
    Took your suggestion and fired the slide from my 23 to Glock for those Glock Night sights. Yep, $57.00 = $10 for shipping and some local tax.
    I'll play with these this year and try not to drop my slide while cleaning this year.

See ya's in JAX

7. TJC

TJC "No Compromise" Millennium Member

You can't take it with you. You might as well enjoy it while you are here. ;e

Besides, whole git up should be under, oh, $7500. I'll just sell a few more Glocks to help finance things. ;f

8. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

9. EMillen

EMillen Millennium Member

How about a "Score Sheet Scanner" to catch errors?
    The old Mark 1, Model 0 "eyeball" ain't gettin' it!

10. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

For my G35 UL - Replace my THE mount with a Carver, replace stock barrel with a KKM 9mm with comp, work on the trigger some.

Maybe pick up a Kahr 9mm with the plastic grip.

Still waiting for my AR50 rifle I have on order.

11. PhilipD

PhilipD 17L/CarverMount

The only thing I am going to do is clean my G17L U/L pistol. If I do it before the end of the year that will make twice this year. ;e

12. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Year 2003: New U/L Model 21 with a new CARVER Mount for large frame Glocks. I plan to use all stock Glock parts, including the barrel with a Top Fuel CGR trigger. For an electronic sight, I plan to use an Aimpoint. "This should be an exciting package"

13. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

Well give the old trusty mod 17( stock gun)And a brand spanking new carver aim point mount for the U/L gun.BOY WHAT A MOUNT!!!;f ;f

14. Sniper 7.62

Sniper 7.62

The new run gun for 03 will be my 24C with a Carver mount in red and a C-more 6 moa to top it off with a very sweet load, I'm ready to play now :cool:

15. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

...I'm going to push the envelope, and get a hi-viz front sight for my 34, a peice of paper w/a pin hole to put on the right corner of my shooting glasses..and some of those 9mm shot loads so I can beat fireglock on the plates.

Jay

16. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Jay; If you plan on beating Jerry you better get a real red dot and a Carver mount. You would be wasting your money on the Hi-Vis.
    ;Q ;Q ;Q

17. Fireglock

18. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well I am not a Master Class shooter and I am not ashamed to admit it but here is what the rest of the 2002 and all of the 2003 schedule will be for me. AmCiv and Stockmeister: Stock 17 with Bomars. U/L : G34 with PDP5SPL, 15# ISMI Recoil Spring with Tungsten Guide Rod, Carver Mount, 3 1/2 pound polished trigger system, topped off with a G17L Stock Barrel. These two combinations will do the job IF I do mine. No need for anything special other than what I have listed. This combo will shoot far above my capabilities but maybe after I get my Cataract taken care of I can be even more competitive, otherwise I am having fun and a long ways from the bottom so Don't make a mistake because I will be breathing close behind but other than that I am having fun and helping "Team Sidearmor" whenever I can.

19. PeaceKeeper

PeaceKeeper

I am like you, my guns will shoot better than I am capable of. I shoot because I love to shoot. I just don't get enough time to really spend at it to get real good.

20. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..you have to remember, I'm in the Army. Very limited on the $$$.

But, I still think I can do a sub 60 w/my "stock" 34. I'm just starting to tie it all together now. I'm still hesitating and thinking when I shoot, which is why I'm scoring where I am. A carver mount and a red dot won't help me there, as nice as those things are.

..If I'm back, I'll give it a shot at one or both of the Florida matches. See where I fall in.

I'm learning to be more like "Scott"..cause I know he wasn't thinking when he shot that tire house:)

Jay