close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Next Generation Glock Frame Size

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by lunker, Feb 11, 2010.

1. lunker

lunker

I see the pics of the new Glock having grip adjustment inserts. I'm glad they finally got around to doing this after seeing how well it worked on other guns. My question is, is the smallest setting equal to the current frame size or will it be smaller (I hope!)? I have owned a G20SF and a G21SF. I got rid of them both because their size just does not work with my hands. I should have learned my lesson with the first gun, but I really wanted it to work. Will the 4th generation G20 and G21 (and SF if they still make them in the new frame) have smaller grips than the current SF models? Right now I am waiting for Lone Wolf to make its Glock compatible frame in the large size frame because I know it will be smaller. I would consider getting the Glock 4th generation if I knew they were smaller. Thanks.

2. M4J0R T0M

M4J0R T0M

I'm not sure about the 20 and 21 models, but I did hold a Gen4 22 and it seemed to have a smaller grip than the Gen3's. I did not hold both generations back to back so I could be wrong. I think the gen 4 was more comfortable than the gen3 I remember holding.

3. JONNY RINGO

JONNY RINGO

Gen 4 regular grip (no backstraps) is slighty smaller than Gen 3. Medium backstrap attached = Gen 3. Large backstrap attached is slightly larger grip than Gen 3. HAVEN'T HELD A GEN 4 YET...Just what i've read over and over.

4. JBP55

JBP55

I would not expect the SF models to get any smaller.

5. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

There isn't a Gen4 20 or 21 out yet and no whisperings have been heard as to when. This is how the Gen4 backstraps compare, using the 22.

Gen4 22 with no backstrap = Gen3 22SF (if they made one, which they don't)

Gen4 22 with 1st backstrap = Gen3 22

Gen4 22 with 2nd backstrap = Gen3 22 with a 21 sized grip (I know - who would want that??)

I can only speculate how they'll do a Gen4 21. I don't think they can really make it much smaller than the SF models already out.

Gen4 21 with no backstrap = Gen3 21SF

Gen4 21 with 1st backstrap = Gen3 21

Gen4 21 with 2nd backstrap = Bigger than a Gen3 21?? Why?!?

^^ike

6. lunker

lunker

I think it really will depend how small they are willing to make that semicircular channel between the backstrap and the magazine well. That's really the only grip dimension that has room to shrink. I don't see how they can get the grip much narrower, considering the width of the G20/G21 mags. Reducing mag capacity to make them thinner probably wouldn't fly since one of Glock's biggest selling points is capacity.
    Considering these factors, I wonder how much smaller Lone Wolf will be able to make their grip since they're operating under the same constraints as Glock.

7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

On the G22 Gen 4 it feels and looks smaller than the current model when the small back strap is on it. The medium is suppose to be the standard size and large is even larger than the current models.