Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
30,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The silliest fitness gear thread got me to thinking. I know that can be dangerous, but I will take a chance anyway. For those of you that have a home gym what is the next piece of equipment you want to or plan to buy? For those of you who work out at a commercial gym, what do you want them to buy next?

For me and my home gym I want a glute ham raise. I already have a reverse hyper attachment for my rack, so the next logical piece is a glute ham raise. I really liked the one at the gym I used to belong to. Nothing else hit the hamstrings like that.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
That's easy for me. I'm stuck in an apartment for at least hte next 6 months and all the surrounding gyms that I've found so far are globogyms. I designed a new S&C program based on Never Gymless.

I'm going to build or buy a pair of parallettes to do L-seats and full-range HSPUs on. Building them would be pretty easy, but I can buy a pair for about $50-60, I think. If the PVC home-made deal costs more than $20 of material, I'll just buy a pair.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This should count... I bought a 10lb sledgehammer today. Since they have huge tractor tires at the HS track, I figured I'd go beat on their tire for a few months. In the home gym thread, I just posted that I added a KB, a Duvide DS speed rope and a set of Rogue Fitness rings. Used them for the first time today. Took the rings to the track, hung them on the goal post cross beam; did pull-ups, dips, and ab roll-outs. Still can't get a muscle-up yet. Used the sledge today too, after my CRP.

I was going to be like BCR and build a prowler, but I pushed my truck today as a finisher and it was a tough workout. So, I'll just stick with the 5000lb. Ford 4x4 for now. Does that count as equipment? :supergrin:

Next on the list are probably a set of chains, some bands for explosive bar training, and maybe the Programming book from Rip; maybe a few more bumpers.

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
I just got one of these. I'm not going to pick up anything new for a while :supergrin:

·
Scouts Out
23,815 Posts
That sure is purdy... Are you getting into time trials or triathlons? I know nothing about those specific bikes but that's what it looks like to me.
Triathlons. The style is TT/Tri :supergrin:

I'm having a blast with these things!

·
Pitying Fools
2,370 Posts
There isn't much more I need for my gym, there is always going to be something I want though. I too would love to have a GHR but I don't think I'm willing to spend the $ for a good one yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm building a heavy duty power rack, the design taken from http://www.ironcompany.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3265

So far, I've cut the major lengths and drilled 120 holes in the 11ga 3" box tubing. Still need to drill the mounting flanges and points of attachment, fab the J hooks from 3/8" x 3" plate, cut and finish the 1" bars, cut/ bend and weld the pull up bar, cut & weld the weight trees, cut & weld end caps, then prep and weld it all together, wire wheel the grunge off, slop Phosphate prep solution on it then finally spray it with flat black Rustolium. All totaling about $300 or so in Steel, which is a lot cheaper than paying retail for a heavy duty rack.

I could get it to the paint stage in 2 days if it wasn't 105 deg every day & I didn't have to work for a living and raise 4 kids :wavey:

Phase II will be an add on high and low pulley that puts the high cable directly over the center of the cage.

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
I was going to be like BCR and build a prowler, but I pushed my truck today as a finisher and it was a tough workout. So, I'll just stick with the 5000lb. Ford 4x4 for now. Does that count as equipment? :supergrin:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOW!!!

Turbo can push 4910 more pounds than me. STOP GLOATING. :upeyes:

Don't make me come down there with my 1 ton Dodge crew cab and give you a thumpin'!!!!

LOL. Just kidding. Thats real cool Turbo. My truck rolls ummmmmmmm... too easily.....so ummmmm.... I just use the sled. :rofl::tongueout:

·
BIGASS!!!!
2,836 Posts
I guess I'd like to add a big tire to flip. I can't really fit anymore equipment in my basement.

Or how about a new shoulder. Does that count?

·
Registered
72 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH WOW!!!

Turbo can push 4910 more pounds than me. STOP GLOATING. :upeyes:

Don't make me come down there with my 1 ton Dodge crew cab and give you a thumpin'!!!!

LOL. Just kidding. Thats real cool Turbo. My truck rolls ummmmmmmm... too easily.....so ummmmm.... I just use the sled. :rofl::tongueout:
LOL! I'm too cheap and lazy to buy or build a prowler, so I too just push my F350. I'm also looking for a harness type contraption to attach to the front tow hooks, so I can tow the tow rig. I don't know if I'll be able to but it should be fun. :supergrin:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
LOL! I'm too cheap and lazy to buy or build a prowler, so I too just push my F350. I'm also looking for a harness type contraption to attach to the front tow hooks, so I can tow the tow rig. I don't know if I'll be able to but it should be fun. :supergrin:
C0BRA,

Your push/pull sled beats mine by 200 - I'm jealous. Good idea on the pulling harness. You got me thinking.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts