close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Next .45 GAP Glocks?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Thekat, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Does anyone have any info on the next proposed G38 or G39? Speaking with a Glock rep, if a dual recoil assembly is utilized on the more compact version potentially a more narrow slide could be used. That would be great news. :)

2. JoeSnuffy

JoeSnuffy

I hope they make plenty of extra magazines available for it at the same time..

3. 1*45

1*45

FYI
    I tried to cycle a full magazine of 45GAP through a G30 . It cycled without any problems but the truth would be in the actual firing in a G30 barrel cut for a 45 GAP. I dont know that I would want to spend the bucks for a Bar Sto but it does look promising.
    One thing that concerns some (and myself) would be the increased pressure of the 45 GAP. Also the 1/8th inch gap in front of the rounds in the magazine but don't thing that would cause any problems. Time will tell if they come out with something like this. Dont know if there would be buyers but guess it would be some competition to the G30 in 45ACP. MY OO applies here.

4. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I would love to have a scaled-down G30 (10 + 1) designed around the .45 GAP cartridge; maybe designated as the G39.

5. Thekat

Thekat Millennium Member

Whatever it is, hopefully it won't have that cheapo looking mag extension that looks like an after thought. Gimme a 19 size with decent grip, keep the slide 19 width by using an improved recoil assembly, taper the front like the 36, heck taper the top too, oh and make the grip smooth again like the original pebbled finish.