Glock Talk banner

Newsed G27

555 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  gooffeyguy
After years of.reading about others finding new gems, it's finally my turn.
I've been faithfully carrying my Gen 2 G19 since the '90's, and lately have been considering moving towards a 26 or 27. Well today I was perusing the local gun shop out of boredom and I spied a filthy dirty G27. The thing looked like it had been stored in a dryer lint trap. A field strip revealed a nasty dirty but mechanically sound firearm. With a tag price that would get me out the door at less then $350 with the case and 3 mags plus all factory paperwork, I couldn't resist. Took her home, cleaned and lubed her, then headed for the range. A couple of hundred fault free rounds later, I knew she was a keeper. Back to the house, and a detailed strip down for a cleaning revealed an almost new pistol. She still had traces of factory lube in her creases.
What a nice little gun. And she fits in all of my holsters.
Only problem is how to break the news to the Mrs. that there is a new addition in the house. Maybe I can make her think that I bought it for her...
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Oh, for a muse of fire
10,299 Posts
Tell your wife the Glock Fairy visited last night while you were all asleep.

· Registered
1,239 Posts
Get some Glock oem 10 round + with extended
base plate…even better.

· Registered
2,420 Posts
After a few Glocks - the wife wont notice that they multiply as they all look similar.
I agree with the GAP floor plate for the 27, its a whole new beast with the GAP on, makes it easier to un-holster and of course helps control shots.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
You mean a G33?

Yeah that works and will let you shoot harder to find, more expensive ammo

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
Yep, I meant G33.
It's also more impressive ammo. I've taken a coyote and wild boar with mine.
I've shot tons of European Hares with many calibers...the 9mm works but the rabbits run, wiggle and sometimes make it back in their holes. With a 357Sig hit it is usually just a quiver. And that is it.

I am not a curmudgeon, I am THE Curmudgeon!

· In the STL
3,766 Posts
cool

The 357sig just doesn't impress me. I reload, and with the bottleneck case it makes it a bit more difficult. It's basically a .40 case necked down to hold a smaller 9mm sized bullet. I can load 135 and 155 grain .40's to comparable velocities and energy as 125 and 147 grain .357sig without the added hassle or expense. Plus I can use an even heavier bullet like 180 or 200 grain good luck with that in .357sig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.