close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

News story... 2nd Amendment working the way it should.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by MarccraM, Mar 6, 2010.

1. MarccraM

MarccraM

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...e-clerk-would-be-robber-gunpoint-friday-night

Deerfield convenience store clerk shoots would-be robber

March 05, 2010|By Sofia Santana, Sun Sentinel
    DEERFIELD BEACH — A convenience store clerk shot a would-be armed robber who tried to hold up the business at gunpoint Friday night, according to a preliminary report from the Broward Sheriff's Office.
    The shooting happened at about 9 p.m. at Snappy Convenience Store, 115 SE 10th St.
    The injured man was taken to North Broward Medical Center, where he was in surgery Friday night, said Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright. The man's condition was not immediately available.

2. Dandapani

Dandapani

Too bad the clerk will lose his job...

3. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Maybe the store is privately owned and not a national chain. Mom & Pop stores are more forgiving of clerks that carry for self protection.

4. MarccraM

MarccraM

Clerk is the son of the owner. Saw the owner on the news. Clerk is more than likely getting a raise :)

5. alba666

alba666 WWJGD

I have a friend who works part-time in a "Mom and Pop store" who's Mom and Pop are the owners. And yes, she is packing a Glock 22 with 180gr Federal HST in the pipe. I pity the fool that tries to rob that store.

So the underlying point is - Bad guys target places because they hope the sheeple employer bans the employees from being armed (i.e. soft target). The sheeple employer starts whining about having to do this because "I'll get sued" or "My insurance company requires it". And when laws are proposed to prevent the sheeple employer from doing silly stuff (like banning firearms in employees cars), the same arguments are used.

And I am surprised it got any column inches at all in the ill-edited rags called newspapers today. Rest assured if the poor clerk missed and hit a bystander, it would have been front page.