Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Glockers recently I built my first glock from individual parts (26). The slide seems to rack just fine except it will not chamber and rounds. The rounds get stuck on the feeder below the barrel entrance. I am using FMJ 9mm if that matters. Anything I could do to fix this? Here is a gallery of the problem IMAGES

THANK YOU!

UPDATE

Upon trying to take a picture with the slide lock disabled it all of a sudden started to chamber rounds just fine. Maybe it wasn't broken in? Anyways all is now good. Thanks for the helpful responses! (excluding user: pag23)

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
I suggest using some dummy rounds first. Also, check out the website below because they are the gurus of builds. Good luck.

·
NRA Life Member
5,188 Posts
Most local police stations have Glock armorers... They would be happy to help you...

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Most local police stations have Glock armorers... They would be happy to help you...
Why are you assuming builders are criminals? Building firearms are LEGAL in America. You either support 2A RIGHTS or you do
not

This is disrespectful to the gun building community to link us to criminals.

·
MacGyver
8,091 Posts
Breaking the legal barrier is by definition criminal.
A successful criminal is a person or entity that can use and find loopholes or openings in existing laws or barriers to bypass those limitations.

The ultimate criminals are entities/persons that have enough wealth and power, or can align themselves with others that do, can surround themselves sycophants and other criminals to find weaknesses in the system for them, all to maintain their realms of dominance. In the ultimate scenario, criminals have the ability to rewrite or alter the legal systems to additionally allow their continued successes.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Nothing is shown in the OP pics other than a slide locked back. Perhaps a pic of the actual malfunction is in order.

Good point. It appears 2A RIGHTS are finicky in some of these threads.
Yet you disapprove of the 2A by vehemently supporting anti 2A politicians. :rolleyes:

·
Mr. Awesome
12,079 Posts
Why are you assuming builders are criminals? Building firearms are LEGAL in America. You either support 2A RIGHTS or you do
not

Interesting direction of thought, @R.B. Riddick

My first thought was that while an agency armorer may be willing to help him, it is unlikely they would be allowed to, for liability reasons.

Maybe I was thinking of @pag23 ‘s post, from the wrong mindset.

Reactions: n2g

·
Mr. Awesome
12,079 Posts
Hello Glockers recently I built my first glock from individual parts (26). The slide seems to rack just fine except it will not chamber and rounds. The rounds get stuck on the feeder below the barrel entrance. I am using FMJ 9mm if that matters. Anything I could do to fix this? Here is a gallery of the problem IMAGES

THANK YOU!
In your pictures, it appears the slide is locked back. Therefore, we aren’t seeing the problem, we are seeing the result.

A few things:
First, do you have some dummy rounds? Diagnosing with live ammunition is foolish.

Second, what magazine, specifically, are you using?

Third, are you riding the slide forward or letting the full force of the recoil spring bring the slide forward?

·
NRA Life Member
5,188 Posts
not

Your sarcasm detection is wayyyyyy off..

·
NRA Life Member
5,188 Posts
Nothing is shown in the OP pics other than a slide locked back. Perhaps a pic of the actual malfunction is in order.

Yet you disapprove of the 2A by vehemently supporting anti 2A politicians. :rolleyes:
Winner!

·
Registered
6,337 Posts

More lies.

I have not supported a single anti 2A politician in my 4 decades of voting. Provide a single post of me supporting any 2A politicians. I post frequently here (and other gun forums) and you can put up or shut up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
In your pictures, it appears the slide is locked back. Therefore, we aren’t seeing the problem, we are seeing the result.

A few things:
First, do you have some dummy rounds? Diagnosing with live ammunition is foolish.

Second, what magazine, specifically, are you using?

Third, are you riding the slide forward or letting the full force of the recoil spring bring the slide forward?
Thanks for the response! The only reason I had it locked back in the pic is so I could take the pics easier. Upon attempting a photo without the lock enabled (to show where it is jammed) it all of a sudden started to actually chamber the rounds. Maybe it was not broken in enough? Either way the problem seems to be fixed now! Thank you very much.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.