Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'll keep it simple.... glad to be here, this thing is sweet!!!

I'm brand new to the 10mm caliber. Picked it up today. Serial prefix HXN, looks near unfired, but the pervious owner told me he had 121 rounds through it (he had the half box of 29 that he gave me). Its now got 200 rounds through it :)

I read 10mm opponents talking about recoil and blah blah blah. With target ammo, this thing just feels like a fatter Glock 27. I'm sure with some real SD loads the recoil is worse, but to me this thing is awesome and I'm thrilled with the purchase.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone who complains about the recoil probably hasn't shot it (or should stick to .22).

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
Don't worry a bit about your purchase! You got the best pistol available in one of the most versatile platforms out there. As stated above, if I could only have one, make it a G29!

With some barrels and mags you can also have yourself a .40, a 9mm or any of the other goofy calibers offered. You did good.

·
Not an Expert!
870 Posts
You can use comfortable ammo for the range. Or you can load it differently and have the most powerful Glock for the woods later on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys,

Like I said, I love this gun. I really wanna shoot it some more, I'm gonna get some georgia arms canned heat or other cheap bulk ammo because local prices here are absolutely ridiculous ($35+/50). I've wanted a 10mm for a while now, and this just fell into my lap and was a good deal, so I jumped on it. Its got trijicon night sights and a 4.5 lb connector.

·
Registered
19,529 Posts
I've found 10mm to be very habit forming.
I got a 20SF in October of 2009 and then I got a G29SF in October of 2010. The more I shoot them, the more I want to shoot them again.
Have fun.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Congrats and good choice!

I DO only have one handgun...and after doing my homework and research for quite some time, I chose the 29.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
331 Posts
Well they sold out fast on ammo man, i have not loaded the PRIVI brass in 10mm but had some in rifle and it was fine

·
Registered
364 Posts
You mean this stuff?
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1711.php

I picked up 500 rounds myself... to start.

Also 10 ring braintrust... have been reading on reloading equipment and considering giving it a go, how is the privi brass for reloading?
I reload several calibers and my Dillon 550B is set up for 10MM. I can do 600 rounds per hour if needed. I bought a bunch of Remington green box (50 rounds) in nickel. It reloads like a dream. Also get yourself 1000 new cases from Starline Brass....about $136 delivered and well worth it. You will save a ton of $ reloading; and shoot more for the same cash one would spend on factory range ammo. Here are my dillions (1050 for .45 and 550B for 10MM) in my "Man Cave". Get into reloading, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I reload several calibers and my Dillon 550B is set up for 10MM. I can do 600 rounds per hour if needed. I bought a bunch of Remington green box (50 rounds) in nickel. It reloads like a dream. Also get yourself 1000 new cases from Starline Brass....about $136 delivered and well worth it. You will save a ton of $ reloading; and shoot more for the same cash one would spend on factory range ammo. Here are my dillions (1050 for .45 and 550B for 10MM) in my "Man Cave". Get into reloading, you won't regret it.

Thanks for the info, and nice looking cave you've got there... I'm jealous of 1. your reloading setup 2. your pistol collection 3. your stack of glock boxes by the window. Assuming you're not a smith or an FFL, wow!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts